A Mississippi mindset

Dopple

I would like to give MS a try. I want good rules, minimal heat, nearby airport if possible as to not have to rent a car, and a place that is fun for the wife and toddler too.

I know I am asking alot.

Oh, yes, an inexpensive package would be nice too.

This is a serious post please do not filter.

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
You'll need a rental car in Tunica, and there's absolutely nothing for the wife and toddler to do there. You can still find decent games in Tunica, but with those restrictions I'd recommend Biloxi instead.

In Biloxi, the best games are at Treasure Bay (although this can change from week to week) and for higher limits Beau Rivage. I'm no help on package pricing anywhere. FWIW, I wouldn't choose T Bay to stay, as they are the bottom rung on the ladder for accomodations. Reasonable alternatives are Beau, IP or Isle of Capri.

You'll want to rent a car. Car rental is cheap enough that the money you save flying into your preferred airport and extra table time you get not having to rely on mass transit is well worth it.

Biloxi is a better choice, as is Vicksburg, if you are only able to get a decent flight into Jackson. When playing Biloxi I normally stay at the Motel 6 in Goofport, although with a family you might want to find something less spartan. The beaches in Biloxi are primitive but a little kid will have fun there all day.

Vytas

Definatly get rental car. As far as accomadations go. I would check out the IP, and Treasure Bay (haven't stayed there but I've heard that it's pretty nice since the Katrina rebuild) Both have pools for the kid and wife. For a little more coin you can check out the Hard Rock.
for entertainment for the wife and kid, you have the beaches and you could also take a ride over the new bridge to Ocean Springs. It's an older "artsy" town, nice to walk around and check out the "quaint" little shops. If your wife likes slots check out the palace. It's a locals place so the machines seem a little looser acording to my wife. And if your wife wants a table game, there's $3.00 BJ and craps.
Good Luck

Dopple

Thanks for the great info people, I really appreciate it.

Air is not cheap to GPT airport though, I was seeing about $400 per.

Maybe I will just drive 6 hrs. to Santa Ana in New Mexico. They have surrender you know.

You know how it goes, you get on a little winning streak and you start getting that itch to take your game to a higher level.

I am making a little at the $5 max tables but you have to growl at anyone that wants to take a spot.

Spinner9

Nothing in Tunica

You will find good games to play but as far as the family goes there is nothing in Tunica. You'd be better off at the coast.