1 Year Anniversary

SleightOfHand

Nynefingers said:
I'm jealous! Oh well, one day maybe I'll meet some of you good folks too...
I have to say that meeting various members on the forums has been one of my favorite parts of these gatherings. Seeing various styles of play as well as talking about various strategies in person made this game a LOT of fun and exciting :)

Dyepaintball12

SleightOfHand said:
I have to say that meeting various members on the forums has been one of my favorite parts of these gatherings. Seeing various styles of play as well as talking about various strategies in person made this game a LOT of fun and exciting :)
Agreed! :joker:

SleightOfHand

2 Years Update

Hey guys, little update after 2 years since the team was put together. We haven't played much, as we were all busy with school and/or work, so nothing much has developed (at least on the results aspect). The team itself has been running in full steam :cool2:

2010 was a pretty big year for me, where I made a lot of changes, in my life and values. I just finished my last semester at RPI with a BS in Computer and Systems Engineering. And to celebrate, my cousin, friends, and me spent New Year's Eve in Vegas, which was a blast (even had some battle scars to show for it :p ). Now that school's over, I've had time to get back to APing, which I plan to be doing a lot of :) Anyway, I'm not much of a story teller, so here's our updated chart:

Congratulations on finishing school! It's great to hit that plateau and enjoy an instantly enhanced lifestyle.

AP enhances your lifestyle too, glad you're doing well.

Sharky

zengrifter said:
SOF - Won't that get in the way of doing what you went to college to learn how to do? z:confused:g

$13k/325hrs = $40/hr...hmmmm tough call..what do they pay systems engineers these days? gotta be around 70-90k - this is THE AP move.

congrats on both your degree and BJ

Sleight

Congrats on finishing school, go have some fun for awhile and then start the career. I know you will do the right thing.

My recommendation as to the career, get every Cisco Certification you can, talking $150,000 a year.

I hope to see you again sometime.

Friend,
CP

Bojack1

Congratulations Sleight. After meeting with you briefly a while back you impressed me with your intelligence and common sense. I have very little doubt you will succeed in your future paths. Ah, to be young again with such a bright future. :grin:

metronome

Congratulations Sleight.
Judging by the warm wishes and accolades, you must be a fine young man. Hope to meet you someday.
Go forth proudly and good fortune to you and yours.:)

Pelerus

Thought I'd drop in and add my congrats to the list.

SOH is a consummate pro - without even being a full time pro yet! What he's accomplished, he's accomplished through the kind of meticulous planning and attention to detail usually found only on well-seasoned teams - along with a healthy dose of daring and bravado.

And if you've never seen him perform magic, ask him sometime... it will blow your mind, guaranteed. :eek: :grin:

SleightOfHand

Update!

Hey everyone :) As posted in a previous post, I have moved to LV to try out the pro AP lifestyle. Today marks my time here for 1 and a half months. Since then, I have logged 280 hours of actual gambling time with a profit of a little more than $10k, which isn't too bad.

Things have certainly changed since I first moved here. My first few weeks here consisted of me playing almost only blackjack spreading 10/15 - 200 (I found an obvious OCP game which I played for an hour, which I haven't seen since). During the weekends, I would also play a little poker during the busier hours, as the tables were too busy for me to consider worth my exposure. Unfortunately, I had an early downswing with no profit for the next few weeks. In the meantime, I was getting to know the regulars at the poker tables better and started getting friendly with them (made my lifestyle a lot easier too, as CC can be very lonely, as you cant really talk about it openly). I met up with a pro from outside the States and he has really been helping me with my game, as well as giving me confidence that I am a much stronger player than I originally considered myself. In the meantime, I started experiencing a very nice upswing which pushed me back to EV for the month. This allowed me to increase my game to a 25-300 spread.

Interestingly enough, I found that the 25 min game was VASTLY superior to that of the 10 min game, for a few reasons. Firstly, the tables are a lot less crowded, which innately increases improves your EV. Also, I found that the heat is actually LESS common when spreading 25-300 than 10/15-200. Sure, the spread is not as wide, but from I suspect, seeing a player spread in a 25 min game is a lot less suspicious than a 10 min game. Players at the lowest min tables are gamblers who are there more for the entertainment of gambling in LV. They don't want to gamble a lot of money and are just hoping to get lucky. Players at the 25 min, more often than not, have money to gamble with and are more likely to bet big when they feel a good hand is coming (or something).

Anyway, spending more time with the pro, and talking about what kind of win rates he was experiencing playing poker, I realized that the EV of poker and my current BJ game was quite similar, except with the caveat of having less variance. Well, thats an obvious decision to make. Since then, I haven't played any BJ and have been working on improving my poker game.

Here is my updated log...

Jack_Black

excellent work! but is this chart just combined winnings of all your AP exploits? can I ask how many hours were spent on BJ vs poker? how much of the 10k improvement came from bj vs poker?

SleightOfHand

Jack_Black said:
excellent work! but is this chart just combined winnings of all your AP exploits? can I ask how many hours were spent on BJ vs poker? how much of the 10k improvement came from bj vs poker?
Yes, its a combined graph. Regarding poker, I am currently at a $5000 profit over 115 hours of play. Things were going better earlier, but being card dead for the past few days has led to marginal results. Cest la vie