An AP move I'm pretty proud of...

Preston

I'm kinda proud of this one.

So I'm playing a double deck pitch game. Cards are dealt face down.\

I'm playing one hand. Heads up with dealer.

Count drops big time. I'm just minimum betting my way trough it getting it over with.

Hell freezes over, and I get dealt a blackjack..dealer has a 5 showing so I know he has to draw...

I tuck my cards under my chips. Dealer proceeds to draw a 5 card 21 -- cut card comes out right before the last card.

He turns over my hand gets ready to take my bet but then realizes that I had a natural. I play a "whoops.. stupid me" move.

Figure saved me that last bet of the round. Floor wasn't too happy but just told the dealer to shuffle.

:)

suicyco maniac

ZG I'm surprised you haven't used this trick before. I've used it several times and I don't even play many pitch games. From reading a lot of your posts over the years I had the impression you tended to play lots of SD and DD. I doubt the move will add much to anyones win rate but it is fun to see the look of disgust on the dealers face. Especially when the dealer is an ass that really wants to beat ya.

suicyco maniac said:
ZG I'm surprised you haven't used this trick before. I've used it several times and I don't even play many pitch games. From reading a lot of your posts over the years I had the impression you tended to play lots of SD and DD. I doubt the move will add much to anyones win rate but it is fun to see the look of disgust on the dealers face. Especially when the dealer is an ass that really wants to beat ya.
Yeah I did something that when I was showing off for some counters I met down in Biloxi, cut a bad hand out of a DD shoe.

But I didn't just keep a BJ face down, I busted and kept drawing cards. And drawing. And drawing. After I saw the cut card I just giggled and flopped my hand.

Now what would be really fun is to try and force a deeply dealt SD game down to the last card like that. You have a BP in the last seat betting table max and accomplices betting table min screwing with the deck, splitting anything and everything, overdrawing. Meanwhile each of the accomplices is sidecounting a rank or two for the BP. Who knows how the pit would react, but it would be fun to see.

EasyRhino

I like it to, the best I had done previously was to draw two additional 10s, and instead of flipping over my mathematically-inevitable busted hand, just tuck the cards. But this serves no purpose other than to antagonize the dealer.

MAZ

Preston said:
I'm kinda proud of this one.

So I'm playing a double deck pitch game. Cards are dealt face down.\

I'm playing one hand. Heads up with dealer.

Count drops big time. I'm just minimum betting my way trough it getting it over with.

Hell freezes over, and I get dealt a blackjack..dealer has a 5 showing so I know he has to draw...

I tuck my cards under my chips. Dealer proceeds to draw a 5 card 21 -- cut card comes out right before the last card.

He turns over my hand gets ready to take my bet but then realizes that I had a natural. I play a "whoops.. stupid me" move.

Figure saved me that last bet of the round. Floor wasn't too happy but just told the dealer to shuffle.

:)
You got lucky. You didn't know that the cut card was coming did you. So you claim ignorance and then the next shuffle proceed to play basic strategy perfectly proving to a pissed off dealer or pit that the only thing you're really ignorant about is how to play an advantage undetected. Here's a better idea, next time the count tanks, get the hell off the table or sit out the hands. Playing little "I didn't know any better tricks" while the other 99% of the time they know you do, will get you a place in the cheap seats just watching the games.....if you're lucky.

MAZ

Automatic Monkey said:
Yeah I did something that when I was showing off for some counters I met down in Biloxi, cut a bad hand out of a DD shoe.

But I didn't just keep a BJ face down, I busted and kept drawing cards. And drawing. And drawing. After I saw the cut card I just giggled and flopped my hand.

Now what would be really fun is to try and force a deeply dealt SD game down to the last card like that. You have a BP in the last seat betting table max and accomplices betting table min screwing with the deck, splitting anything and everything, overdrawing. Meanwhile each of the accomplices is sidecounting a rank or two for the BP. Who knows how the pit would react, but it would be fun to see.
You are even worse. I have to say this is either bullsh*t, or you're just not very bright. Yeah, what a bright idea, pulling multiple cards over the bust mark and saying oops when you flop em. Again, if you play the rest of the time meticulously, and then pull stupid sh*t like that, you are inviting a look at your play. You can't turn stupid on and off, being able to know BS perfectly and then not knowing when to flip your cards. This is message board Ap not real world dude.

Automatic Monkey said:
But I didn't just keep a BJ face down, I busted and kept drawing cards.

I've used this one as well. On some dealers you can draw one or two extra cards to a busted hand in negative counts all night long and they never notice or take the time to add up your totals. Also I disagree with pretty much everything Maz has stated in this thread.

suicyco maniac said:
On some dealers you can draw one or two extra cards to a busted hand in negative counts all night long and they never notice or take the time to add up your totals. Also I disagree with pretty much everything Maz has stated in this thread.
Thats a good one too - I taught this one to Karl Janacek who created Statistical BJ Analyzer. zg

MAZ said:
You are even worse. I have to say this is either bullsh*t, or you're just not very bright. Yeah, what a bright idea, pulling multiple cards over the bust mark and saying oops when you flop em. Again, if you play the rest of the time meticulously, and then pull stupid sh*t like that, you are inviting a look at your play. You can't turn stupid on and off, being able to know BS perfectly and then not knowing when to flip your cards. This is message board Ap not real world dude.
Hey what country are you from? Your accent is funny. :violin:

I'm confused, you play Basic Strategy? I don't, sorry, I can't remember the last time I played Basic Strategy. In fact I had been splitting 10's and hitting hard 14 vs. 2 a lot that day, even taking insurance sometimes!

When this happened the pit wasn't angry, the dealer and PC were laughing with me. You, however, would undoubtedly make them angry so I suggest you not try it.

MAZ said:
I've never gotten heat for hitting busted hands. zg(message board grifter)

jimbiggs

A new flamer. How nice. :(

MAZ said:

RJT

jimbiggs said:
That's actually ammusing. I've agreed with just about everything that Maz has posted so far and for me the definition of a flamer is someone who just comes on to stir up trouble without the input of any useful opinions - doesn't seem like that's what's happening here to me.

RJT.

MAZ

jimbiggs said:
I just call em as I see em man. You can agree or disagree, doesn't matter either way, we are all entitled to an opinion. I just won't kiss the ass of somebody because they post a lot if what I think they're saying is garbage.

RJT

Automatic Monkey said:
I'm confused, you play Basic Strategy? I don't, sorry, I can't remember the last time I played Basic Strategy. In fact I had been splitting 10's and hitting hard 14 vs. 2 a lot that day, even taking insurance sometimes!
Must have been playing some pretty -ve counts to be hitting hard 14 vs 2 a lot.

RJT.

RJT said:
Must have been playing some pretty -ve counts to be hitting hard 14 vs 2 a lot.

RJT.
Well this is a pitch game (SD or DD, you hold the cards in your hand.) I don't think you have any of those in the UK, but you generally don't Wong out of low counts in such a game as the count is just too volatile, you play them through, and as long as you have decent pen it's still much more profitable that Wonging out of a shoe. Even hitting hard 17 vs. A is not that uncommon in a SD game. Hitting 14 vs. 2 doesn't take a terribly low count at all with S17.

All this talk of "Grifter's Gambit" and overdrawing moves you see here are strategies specifically for manipulating these kinds of games.