a question for shuffle trackers

psyduck

For a 6-deck manually shuffled shoe, if I can accurately track two half-deck portions and calculate the rest of the sections assuming even count distribution, is the information good enough for the two play zones? Each of the two half-deck tracked sections mixes with three other half-deck portions of unknown counts after the shuffle.

Thanks in advance.

psyduck said:
For a 6-deck manually shuffled shoe, if I can accurately track two half-deck portions and calculate the rest of the sections assuming even count distribution, is the information good enough for the two play zones?

Each of the two half-deck tracked sections mixes with three other half-deck portions of unknown counts after the shuffle.
two ...mixes with three..... ?
pls explain.
shuffle how many times ?

RJT

jnrwilliam said:
Each of the two half-deck tracked sections mixes with three other half-deck portions of unknown counts after the shuffle.
two ...mixes with three..... ?
pls explain.
shuffle how many times ?
2 pass R&R. Each of the half decks firstly gets mixed with another half deck forming a deck, then on the second pass that deck is going to get mixed through another deck. So of the final 2 decks, you know the value of the first 1/2 deck and average count of the other three.

RJT.

RJT

psyduck said:
if I can accurately track two half-deck portions
That's you're biggest problem. You've got an accurate count on a 1/2 packet, it's highly unlikely that the dealer's going to pick up that packet complete. Far more likely you're going to see some cards added in or shaved out or both. Then with the second pass, you face the same problem with the deck that gets created. And this doesn't factor in the fact that you're likely to be far less accurate than you actually think you are.....

Overall - and i know a lot of trackers would disagree with me here - but for a two pass shuffle, even a simple one, that information wouldn't be strong enough for me.

RJT.

RJT said:
2 pass R&R. Each of the half decks firstly gets mixed with another half deck forming a deck, then on the second pass that deck is going to get mixed through another deck. So of the final 2 decks, you know the value of the first 1/2 deck and average count of the other three.

RJT.
the density --- dilute to 25% of the original 1/2 deck ,
or half deck x 2 x 2 = 2 decks after 2nd pass ?

RJT

jnrwilliam said:
the density --- dilute to 25% of the original 1/2 deck ,
or half deck x 2 x 2 = 2 decks after 2nd pass ?
The half deck is only 25% of the final 2 decks, so the second statement is the more accurate.

RJT.

psyduck said:
For a 6-deck manually shuffled shoe, if I can accurately track two half-deck portions and calculate the rest of the sections assuming even count distribution, is the information good enough for the two play zones?
Yes. zg

paddywhack

psyduck said:
I'm not terribly skilled at ST'ing but have a decent amount of knowledge on the subject. This sounds like a lot of dilutional effect to me. Unless these known 1/2 deck sections are extremely prime I would think that you'd need at least some info on what they're being married to in order to find anything useful to bet into. IMO.

psyduck

RJT,

Your explanation of the shuffle procedure was right on. It was two pass and the starting half deck was mixed into a two deck section (four fold dilution).

Is it correct to say that the same shuffle procedure when applied to a 2-deck game makes the tracking impossible? The reason is every half deck grab is diluted into the final two deck shoe.

RJT

psyduck said:
RJT,

Your explanation of the shuffle procedure was right on. It was two pass and the starting half deck was mixed into a two deck section (four fold dilution).

Is it correct to say that the same shuffle procedure when applied to a 2-deck game makes the tracking impossible? The reason is every half deck grab is diluted into the final two deck shoe.
Yes. If your half deck was -8, the other 3 half decks have a total count of +8. Once the shuffle is complete they've mixed the -8 with the +8. All cancels out.

RJT.

psyduck

RJT said:
Yes. If your half deck was -8, the other 3 half decks have a total count of +8. Once the shuffle is complete they've mixed the -8 with the +8. All cancels out.

RJT.
Thanks. That confirms what I thought.

RJT

zengrifter said:
So I was wrong? zg
No - initially he asked about 6 deck 2 pass R&R. For that shuffle you could track a half deck through the shuffle, at least in theory. When he changed the parameters to 2 deck the half deck ends up being mixed with everything.

RJT.