Did you ever leave your BR in a non-secure location?

aslan

Pro21 said:
A good size book could be written just with stories of money being forgotten or misplaced. Sometimes people get it back, and sometimes not.

I know one guy who left 20 or 30k in the back of a cab. They contacted the cab company, the police etc. but the cab driver said he never saw it. The team hired a private investigator and eventually the PI turned it up buried in the cab driver's back yard.

2 of my teammates were driving from Vegas to LA. They stopped in Barstow about midnight. Anyone who has made this drive knows Barstow and that it is quite windy. They got out of the car and they see what looks like leaves blowing in the wind. One guy says, "Holy ****, that's a hundred dollar bill." When they had opened the 2 doors there had been a stack of about 10k in the back seat with no rubber band and the wind just started blowing the money out of the car and into the desert. They ran around for about 20 minutes in the dark, and did manage to recover every bill.
I was in a pool game in a bar out in the country outside of Waldorf, MD, back in the sixties. I was playing the owner as I remember and this last game was one of those double or nothing situations, with me the winner so far. It was a good amount of money, several hundred, but memory fails me it was so long ago. We were playing eightball, and as I pocketed the eightball for the win, the lights suddenly went out leaving the room pitch black. As you probably figured, when the lights returned a moment later, the money, all of which had been placed on a side table, was gone. Being I and my friends were in a hostile setting, with all the men in the bar being friends of the bar owner, we left empty-handed, thankful that we didn't get robbed of the money in our pockets or beaten up because we were "hustlers."

Two of the three with me were convinced that one of the three had "steered" us to this bar to get robbed. They had me pull over in a field along a country road while they questioned the suspected person, trying to get him to own up to being a traitor. I doubt he had anything to do with our misfortune, but these guys were angry and wanted their money. As I recall, the only thing we lost was the money we had won. True story.