Speed Count any good?

Speed count any good

SystemsTrader said:
Go here and look up the "rookie system".
http://www.koblackjack.com (Archive copy)
If I understand K-O Rookie correctly,on a six deck game, I would start my IRC at a negative 20 and when the count goes up to the Key Count of negative 4 I would have an advantage. It seems like it would take a long time to get in a favorable position, even with the extra card (7) being counted as a +. Also, does this system have you wait longer to increase your bet vs the High-Lo?

QFIT

italianboy said:
If I understand K-O Rookie correctly,on a six deck game, I would start my IRC at a negative 20 and when the count goes up to the Key Count of negative 4 I would have an advantage. It seems like it would take a long time to get in a favorable position, even with the extra card (7) being counted as a +. Also, does this system have you wait longer to increase your bet vs the High-Lo?
It is a common complaint that unbalanced counts are not good at identifying betting opportunities early in the shoe. While true, the fact is there exist very few betting opportunities in the early part of the shoe anyhow.:)

Follow up K-O question

21forme said:
Don't forget KO also overestimates advantage late in the shoe.
Do I have to start a 6D count at negative 20 and have the advantage at negative 4? Can't I start at 0 and have the advantage at positive 16, or am I totally misunderstanding the explanation as to how K-O works?

Wookets

italianboy said:
Do I have to start a 6D count at negative 20 and have the advantage at negative 4? Can't I start at 0 and have the advantage at positive 16, or am I totally misunderstanding the explanation as to how K-O works?
You can start the IRC at any number. It's the distance away from the IRC that matters, not the value of the number.

This post could be of interest to you: http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showpost.php?p=29041&postcount=3

Renzey

QFIT said:
It is a common complaint that unbalanced counts are not good at identifying betting opportunities early in the shoe. While true, the fact is there exist very few betting opportunities in the early part of the shoe anyhow.:)
KO pretty much by itself bears the characteristic of missing betting opportunities early in the shoe (due to its large unbalanced offset). Red 7, KISS 3 and UBZII are actually quite accurate at it. In general, there is a tighter link between the RC and TC of the latter three counts (due to their smaller offset).

Still, on the whole, I know KO shakes out okay.

Solo player

Coyote said:
This is VERY true! I fell victim to it this weekend! Not too bad but still....ugh!

Coyote
The game we both played this weekend does not justify the dig on KO. With 1.5 decks chopped off your doing fine. Maybe ramp up sooner if the count spikes early in the shoe. After watching hi~lo players recently they do tend to ramp up sooner than someone using KO. Other than that I do not see a big difference

revrac

Coyote said:
This is VERY true! I fell victim to it this weekend! Not too bad but still....ugh!

Coyote
This is SO easy to fix. Just go get a copy of Color of Blackjack. All you do is have a moving key count instead of a fixed one.

Coyote

revrac said:
This is SO easy to fix. Just go get a copy of Color of Blackjack. All you do is have a moving key count instead of a fixed one.
On the list revrac. :cool: As I stated in the other thread.

Coyote

Solo player said:
The game we both played this weekend does not justify the dig on KO. With 1.5 decks chopped off your doing fine. Maybe ramp up sooner if the count spikes early in the shoe. After watching hi~lo players recently they do tend to ramp up sooner than someone using KO. Other than that I do not see a big difference
True, I may have been subject to a little negative variance. :whip:
PEN was quite good!

revrac

Coyote said:
On the list revrac. :cool: As I stated in the other thread.
I created a file a while back to help teach some of my friends how to count, starting with basic strategy, going through KO preferred all the way through TKO along with dozens of extra indices and RC to TC conversion charts. While a lot of it you would already know a good portion I believe would be new. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.