Took a sh*t! 5k loss lol.... Caesars Windsor!

Pwn

ihate17 said:
zengrifter said:
Ya! If anyone wants to call the President of the United States a "terrorist" (or a genocidal war criminal, etc.) you must do so in....
The Zen Zone, where no one will be overly offended.

Restated properly:

The Zen Zone, where no one will care if you are overly offended.

ihate17

lol! That actually made me laugh :) - Hey ihate17, I remember you saying that you play with a large bankroll etc etc. What is the most you have won and lost if you do not mind me asking?

Pwn

ihate17

Wins, losses etc

Pwn said:
ihate17 said:
lol! That actually made me laugh :) - Hey ihate17, I remember you saying that you play with a large bankroll etc etc. What is the most you have won and lost if you do not mind me asking?

Pwn
Not going to go into any detail here but I have won over 15 grand on a single shoe and also lost over 12 grand on a shoe. There are just shoes from heaven and shoes from hell and you only really know where they came from when they finish or the count tanks.
I have gotten great cards on a shoe and lost big and have gotten bad cards on a shoe and won big. These things happen but not often. One time I received 6 straight max bet stiffs but won all six hands in a game that did not offer late surrender. I think the dealer showed a stiff 3 times and busted, one time I stayed on my stiff against a dealer 10 and he busted and the other times I hit for totals of 18 and the dealer had 17 each time.

There were other times where I might have two max bets out, get good hands and both but the dealer has a natural and then the next hand we do the same exact thing again.

Remeber you may be playing that max bet hand with a 2.5% edge and one way to look at things is 2.5% may be a huge huge edge over 1,000,000 hands but it is an extremely tiny edge for a single hand. The math tells you the edge is still 2.5% but long term and short term are two very different places for those who get caught up in the emotions of the moment. You can appear to be this wild emotional kid at the table with money to burn, but behind that facade of emotion must lie a cold calculating blackjack machine.

Bank size:
About a decade ago I made a decision to no longer increase the size of my bank or increase my big bet. This was based upon the fact that I really do enjoy the game, had more time to play and did not want to severely limit where I could play. I felt a significant increase in my max bet would make many of the places I currently get away with playing at, uncomfortable and increase my chances of being shown the door. So now everytime I increase my bankroll by 20% I take that 20% out of my blackjack account and invest it in something else. My max bet is still under your max bet of a grand! My ROR has been of no concern to me for quite some time.
Bankroll is kept in a high interest checking since a trip roll will only be 15-25% of bankroll.

ihate17

Pwn

ihate17 said:
Pwn said:
Not going to go into any detail here but I have won over 15 grand on a single shoe and also lost over 12 grand on a shoe. There are just shoes from heaven and shoes from hell and you only really know where they came from when they finish or the count tanks.
I have gotten great cards on a shoe and lost big and have gotten bad cards on a shoe and won big. These things happen but not often. One time I received 6 straight max bet stiffs but won all six hands in a game that did not offer late surrender. I think the dealer showed a stiff 3 times and busted, one time I stayed on my stiff against a dealer 10 and he busted and the other times I hit for totals of 18 and the dealer had 17 each time.

There were other times where I might have two max bets out, get good hands and both but the dealer has a natural and then the next hand we do the same exact thing again.

Remeber you may be playing that max bet hand with a 2.5% edge and one way to look at things is 2.5% may be a huge huge edge over 1,000,000 hands but it is an extremely tiny edge for a single hand. The math tells you the edge is still 2.5% but long term and short term are two very different places for those who get caught up in the emotions of the moment. You can appear to be this wild emotional kid at the table with money to burn, but behind that facade of emotion must lie a cold calculating blackjack machine.

Bank size:
About a decade ago I made a decision to no longer increase the size of my bank or increase my big bet. This was based upon the fact that I really do enjoy the game, had more time to play and did not want to severely limit where I could play. I felt a significant increase in my max bet would make many of the places I currently get away with playing at, uncomfortable and increase my chances of being shown the door. So now everytime I increase my bankroll by 20% I take that 20% out of my blackjack account and invest it in something else. My max bet is still under your max bet of a grand! My ROR has been of no concern to me for quite some time.
Bankroll is kept in a high interest checking since a trip roll will only be 15-25% of bankroll.

ihate17

Thank you! That helped me make a very important decision - I will ask for critique on my bankroll/bet size in the near future, thank you.

Pwn