Zen and the Art of Card Counting

Friendo

Coyote said:
So, would you guys say there is a difference in the ease of use between Zen and Mentor? Seems to me that if I'm going to go with 2DTC I might as well go with Mentor.
They're nearly identical in difficulty, from my experience.

In favor of Zen: you can ignore all 9s.

In favor of Mentor: 3 has weight 2 and 9 has weight -1, which means that more 2-card hands cancel - or at least they do in my head - because you have the same number of +2 cards as -2 cards in the deck, as well as an equal weight of -1 and + 1 cards.

Whenever I play with another count and come back to Mentor, I see cancellations all over the place.

Halves or Zen tags with a 2DTC conversion would be an awesome system.

Coyote

I have the Zen tags down and I've been running through drills in CVBJ. The two and three card running count drills. My speed was great! Then...I went to the table simulation and I was amazed at how great things started out. For the first few hands I was doing well, then some hands were delt with a bunch of low cards and I lost the count and the game seemed to speed up on me! :( :juggle:

It shook my confidence in my ability a bit. Much more practice is needed. As I write this and think about it, I am hopeful I will be able to use this method. :)

Regards,
Coyote

Coyote

For the last two months there has been a huge demand on my time! My practice of the Zen count has been placed on hold and I had to fall back to TKO.

The good news is I'm still making money! :cool:

When time permits, I will pick up the challenge of Zen once more.