Adding an advantage

halcyon1234

Actually the Intelligence quotient scale was created for children , to determine what their "ability" to learn was. That is why they have always said that an IQ test is not accurate after a certain age.

Your IQ has nothing to do with your "current" intelligence...it is a measure of your ability to gain, and absorb intellectual data.
I call BS on you, and I ain't talking about no "hit A7"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iq

IQ tests are perfectly valid "beyond a certain age". And they don't have anyting to do with the "ability to gain, and absorb intellectual data". An IQ test "[r]egardless of design, all IQ tests attempt to measure the same general intelligence."

ScottH

captheathmalc said:
"I prefer being at a table where the players are generally in a good mood. This is because it seems to me that I win more often at this type of table.
I have a possible explanation for this. When the table is winning money, they are more likely to be happy. When the table is losing, they are more likely to be unhappy. So when the dealer goes on a "busting streak" everyone at the table including you will win money and probably be happy about it. Conversely when the dealer is "hot" everyone at the table including you will lose money, and probably be unhappy about it. Happy moods and winning are related just like bad moods and losing.

My theory is that the happy mood is not causing the winning session, the winning session is causing the happy mood.

sagefr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
Just to provide you the benefit of doubt, what is the main technique/system/strategy that you utilize at BJ as a self-described 'advantage player'? zg

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercoolmancool View Post
Oh come on. Explain it one more time. For old times sake. I won't make fun of you.

captheathmalc said:
okay... :cool2:

I goto the table...put everything I have on the table (all $7.00) and I bet my life-savings on whatever comes-up.

Capt. let me add one more well intentioned request to those above.
sincerely would like to see an outline of your method.

shadroch

captheathmalc said:
Just to re-set the record:
  • I have never described myself as anything but a black-jack player....never have I used AP to describe myself, or anyone else.
  • This thread was created to talk about the pros of an idea I had (see the beginning of the thread), yet people are more enamored with the idea of attacking me and/or my style of play....and then have the audacity to tell me that the posts were made with "Good-intentions".
  • I outlined my style of play.....maybe it is just an unusual amount of good luck....or maybe there "is" something to subconscious counting...I don't know...but if it works for me, then I will continue to use it.

Jeez,I guess we were all mislead by the "First time Poster with advice" title from the thread you started with your very first post,offering advice.
Now you say you are not an AP player,just someone who derives his only source of income from playing BJ.

I have never asked anyone to play like I do...nor even suggested they "think" about it. I only offered observations; and was attacked for doing so.

Again-"First Time Poster with Advice"

I've never met anyone whose words have been so misquoted or taken out of context before.