Arrested for having "money eyes"

Sonny

"[Blackjack dealer] Maple told troopers that he flashed the cards to the players at his table but that he had ‘no clue’ that the people at his table could really see the cards, the complaint said."

(Dead link: http://www.dailymail.com/News/200908240948)

Apparently the dealer knew he was flashing but didn't think the players could spot the cards...at least that's his story. It sounds like the player got arrested for having good eyesight. I wonder how the prosecution plans to prove collusion.

-Sonny-

daddybo

crazy dealers

I'm surprised I haven't been arrested for something like that...I 've had dealers do some crazy things.. A long time ago I was playing (back when they manually peeked)... the dealer would check his hole card, look straight ahead off in the distance, and quietly announce his total. You didn't even need basic strategy to play that game. The whole time I was wondering what his bosses had done to tinkle him off sooo bad. :laugh:

shadroch

Sonny said:
"[Blackjack dealer] Maple told troopers that he flashed the cards to the players at his table but that he had ‘no clue’ that the people at his table could really see the cards, the complaint said."

(Dead link: http://www.dailymail.com/News/200908240948)

Apparently the dealer knew he was flashing but didn't think the players could spot the cards...at least that's his story. It sounds like the player got arrested for having good eyesight. I wonder how the prosecution plans to prove collusion.

-Sonny-
It's West Virginia, and the arrested player is one of those "foreigner types".
Thats more than enough proof for them. I'm thinking the dealer was a caucasion,either.

shadroch

WV is a small state that was carved out of Virginia during the Civil War.
It's notorious for inbreeding and a longtime fued between two families-the Hatfield and McCoys.

shadroch said:
It's West Virginia, and the arrested player is one of those "foreigner types".
Thats more than enough proof for them. I'm thinking the dealer was a caucasion,either.
Oh stop that. Ever been to Wheeling? It's closer to the Great Lakes than Virginia, and not much more than a slum.

shadroch

My only experiance in West Virginia.
Traveling from NYC to Knoxville, you cut across a small slice of WV. We stopped to get gas and asked the attendent if there was anyplace around to grab a burger and a beer. He said there was a place down the road but they didn't welcome outsiders.
We went anyway and pulled into the parking lot. There was a sign saying locals only. No peddlers or tourists. Nailed to the sign was a NY license plate riddled with buckshot. At the doorway to the bar was another sign stating this is your last warning. Locals only.
We decided that the Hardees some ten miles back in PA. was suddenly more attractive.

daddybo

shadroch said:
My only experiance in West Tirginia.
Traveling from NYC to Knoxville, you cut acrossa small slice of WV. We stopped to get gas and asked the attendent if there was anyplace around to grab a burger and a beer. He said there was a place down the road but they didn't welcome outsiders.
We went anyway and pulled into the parking lot. There was a sign saying locals only. No peddlers or tourists. Nailed to the sign was a NY license plate riddled with buckshot. At the doorway to the bar was another sign stating this is your last warning. Locals only.
We decided that the Hardees some ten miles back in PA. was suddenly more attractive.

Geez Shad... I was start'n to wunder if yall was gunna git it. Caint yall reed up thar in that city? :)

UK-21

shadroch said:
My only experiance in West Tirginia.
Traveling from NYC to Knoxville, you cut acrossa small slice of WV. We stopped to get gas and asked the attendent if there was anyplace around to grab a burger and a beer. He said there was a place down the road but they didn't welcome outsiders.
Wow. And when Mrs N and I moved out to the green leafy part of the UK we thought we had problems integrating with the natives (that rumour has it all have web feet).

Many years ago, a friend of mine travelled around the States representing the UK's Territorial Army (like the National Guard) in an international military shooting competition. He said when he got South he found the American Civil War was alive and kicking, and that some of the locals even believed that the confederacy was still in with a chance.

UncrownedKing

newb99 said:
Wow. And when Mrs N and I moved out to the green leafy part of the UK we thought we had problems integrating with the natives (that rumour has it all have web feet).

Many years ago, a friend of mine travelled around the States representing the UK's Territorial Army (like the National Guard) in an international military shooting competition. He said when he got South he found the American Civil War was alive and kicking, and that some of the locals even believed that the confederacy was still in with a chance.
:laugh::laugh:

I live in the very deep South and being near a big city/modern civilization I would say that, that may only go for the very remote/rural places in the South.

I found that hilarious.:grin:

daddybo

UncrownedKing said:
:laugh::laugh:

I live in the very deep South and being near a big city/modern civilization I would say that, that may only go for the very remote/rural places in the South.

I found that hilarious.:grin:

We never give up! :)

-db CSA(Ret)

Attachments

newb99 said:

It is properly not called the Civil War, but the War Between the States. If it were truly a civil war, then the secession never really happened, and the behavior of the Union government after the hostilities ended would have been unconstitutional and criminal.

Use of the term WBS both acknowledges the legitimacy of Confederate secession and government, and concedes that Presidents Lincoln, Johnson and Grant did not deserve the gallows for making war on their own citizens. >90% of US references do say "Civil War," but historical snobs like myself eschew it.

Canceler

newb99 said:
He said when he got South he found the American Civil War was alive and kicking, and that some of the locals even believed that the confederacy was still in with a chance.
I have no trouble believing that at all. I do have to say that when I was stationed in England in the early '70s it seemed like a lot of Brits were still fighting World War II. Is that still going on?

My first impression of England, even before the plane landed, was that the whole country was green & leafy!

shadroch

Automatic Monkey said:
It is properly not called the Civil War, but the War Between the States. If it were truly a civil war, then the secession never really happened, and the behavior of the Union government after the hostilities ended would have been unconstitutional and criminal.

Use of the term WBS both acknowledges the legitimacy of Confederate secession and government, and concedes that Presidents Lincoln, Johnson and Grant did not deserve the gallows for making war on their own citizens. >90% of US references do say "Civil War," but historical snobs like myself eschew it.
Except that the war was fought because the confederates attempt to seceed was not legitimate. I'm amazed how many people claim much of what todays Federal government is doing is unconstitutional because it isn't mentioned in our constitution, but insist the South had the right to seceed even though it is no where to be found in the same document.
Even more amazingly, the grandchildren of these rebels and oath breakers now try to portray themselves as representing the "True America', whatever that is supposed to mean..