Multi Action Blackjack

Sonny

geneticfreak said:
This all sounds good, except isn't this game played with a Spanish deck?
Nah, standard deck. It's just like regular BJ except you play multiple hands against the same dealer upcard. I think there might be some limits on splitting as well, but nothing outrageous.

-Sonny-

Ferretnparrot

Im scared if Tropicana is the last place on earth to deal it i regret to say, that last night (while that entire pit was closed) so it wouldnt be open anyways, i saw a plastic covering over the table, i didnt walk over to investigate because it was liek sooo far away and all the tables were in the way.

idk what that means maybe they relayed felt? like a cheap plastic garbage bag like thing on the table where i had only been playing two nights before.:cry: and i only got to play it once

please say somebody has seen this before and its not indicative of them closing the game

-i investigated today and i have no idea what they are doing but the felt is still on the table

Kasi

Sonny said:
I would guess that the proper bet is pretty close to 3x regular bet since you’re playing against three separate dealer hands. .. but I think the difference would be small...
Well, if you're saying what I think you are saying, that's exactly what I was trying to warn anyone against doing exactly that.

It sounds to me like you are suggesting tripling, or close to tripling it, the same optimal bet you would have used had the game not been multi-action because you think you are playing 3 separate dealer hands. I guess you are but they are all at the same TC and each has the same EV as if you only played 1 hand like normal.

In effect you are ~tripling what used to be your optimal bet at that count and, if it was a fully-kelly bet, you would be overbetting for sure.

I mean it's not exactly the same, like you say, either of betting one hand or how you would change your optimal bet if you did spread to 3 hands in a normal game, but betting the same optimal bet on all 3 hands would be a pretty big mistake. Betting half of original optimal bet on all 3 and still getting 50% extra money out is what you want to do. It just works out that way when somebody figured it out. You know I didn't figure it out so you should feel alot better about it lol.

And, while not relevant here, I don't really see any reason at all to change strategy.

On Multi Action and Bets

zengrifter said:
More. 60+% on EACH of three hands. zg
Sch. puts it at 53% of one hand bet on each of three hands for multi blackjack.

I was thinking 50% as it is probably closer to a real world number and probably easier to use in most situations.

I believe Wong and Sch. put the number at 57% of one hand on each of three hands for regular blackjack.

blackjack avenger said:
Sch. puts it at 53% of one hand bet on each of three hands for multi blackjack.

I was thinking 50% as it is probably closer to a real world number and probably easier to use in most situations.

I believe Wong and Sch. put the number at 57% of one hand on each of three hands for regular blackjack.
I see. zg

SystemsTrader

jack said:
Why has the game, all but vanished? Is there any chance we'll see a resurrection of this game?:angel:
Maybe there is hope after all, Four Queens has brought this game back. It's only one table but that's a start. Hopefully it will catch on elsewhere. The Four Queens used to have the game back in the 90's as well.

jack.jackson

SystemsTrader said:
Maybe there is hope after all, Four Queens has brought this game back. It's only one table but that's a start. Hopefully it will catch on elsewhere. The Four Queens used to have the game back in the 90's as well.
I guess this means only one thing.................im gonna have to re-learn how to play the game..lol

Ferretnparrot said:
Im scared if Tropicana is the last place on earth to deal it i regret to say, that last night (while that entire pit was closed) so it wouldnt be open anyways, i saw a plastic covering over the table, i didnt walk over to investigate because it was liek sooo far away and all the tables were in the way.

idk what that means maybe they relayed felt? like a cheap plastic garbage bag like thing on the table where i had only been playing two nights before.:cry: and i only got to play it once

please say somebody has seen this before and its not indicative of them closing the game

-i investigated today and i have no idea what they are doing but the felt is still on the table
ya, i was there yesterday and it was open..I had no idea what it was, thought it was just another suckers game so i left..now when i go back i might try it