Burn 20 Blackjack

Has anyone heard of this game or know the house edge in this game. I think it was a DD but it may have been a 6-Deck shoe. Rules are as follows:

Double any number of cards
DAS
H17

If dealer has two cards valued at 10 then they discard and pull two new cards. If new cards valued 10 each or a blackjack then discarded again until the dealer no longer has a 20 with two cards valued at 10 or a BJ. If the dealer gets a blackjack with the first two cards and the 10 is up and they are suited the hand is also discarded. Any blackjack after the first two cards is always discarded.

Any total of 22 by the dealer is a push except against a player blackjack.

Blackjack still pays 3:2

Geoff Hall said:
Correct :) Not sure of the player reaction to the game as it's a little early to tell yet.
In your spec sheet it looks like it was designed for ENHC rules. Dealing it American style looks like it might require a bit of re-engineering.

Geoff Hall

Automatic Monkey said:
In your spec sheet it looks like it was designed for ENHC rules. Dealing it American style looks like it might require a bit of re-engineering.
Actually it was the other way around - it was designed for hole card play and I had to re-engineer for the UK.

Funny thing is that the disadvantage of burning a '20' at the end of the hand (ENHC) is matched exactly by standing on 'Soft 17' so both US and UK versions have almost identical house edges.

Southpaw

I would think this rule has to be very beneficial to the player for two reasons:

(1) Think of all the times the dealer once again shows a ten up and has a ten in the hole (roughly 9.5% of the time). These hands are ones where the dealer will probably win.

(2) It makes the game more asymmetrical. Theoretically, high counts should be even more favorable to the player, because as the count rises, the probability of receiving two tens will increase, which would be good for you, but neither good, nor bad for the dealer, as he won't be able to keep his X,X hand.

Spaw

Geoff Hall

SystemsTrader said:
Sorry to change the subject. Geoff Hall are you still involved with blackjack Switch or does Shuffle Master now own that game?
I still own 'Blackjack Switch' but I've licensed the game to Shuffle Master - I keep my current Vegas customers along with the UK and Internet.

your game

Geoff Hall said:
I still own 'Blackjack Switch' but I've licensed the game to Shuffle Master - I keep my current Vegas customers along with the UK and Internet.
I love your game, bj switch. Too bad the grand vic (IN) is the only place they let you surrender!

Count Backula said:
I love your game, bj switch. Too bad the grand vic (IN) is the only place they let you surrender!
One of the boats out of Freeport has that too. (Note to Geoff: the Opus out of Freeport runs an unlicensed BJ Switch game. Unlicensed SP21 too.)

I don't think it's nearly as good a rule as in BJ because you are switching a lot of bad hands away. Double down rescue is what needs to be added!