7's side bet.

Does anyone here play the 7's sidebet..... intelligently? If so please send me a PM, I have a couple things I would like to discuss a couple things.

Brock Windsor

Count 7's as -12 and all other cards as +1. When the TC = +5 make the bet. As you can only bet $1 on it, generally not worth your time but if you're already sidecounting 7's or you are a red chipper you might add an extra $4+ an hour to your expectation playing this game properly. Large variance I suspect. In BBIBJ Snyder seems to think it is worth much less than that.
-BW

Brock Windsor said:
Count 7's as -12 and all other cards as +1. When the TC = +5 make the bet. As you can only bet $1 on it, generally not worth your time but if you're already sidecounting 7's or you are a red chipper you might add an extra $4+ an hour to your expectation playing this game properly. Large variance I suspect. In BBIBJ Snyder seems to think it is worth much less than that.
-BW
Well I figured it to be 3 dollars an hour with 50 hands an hour based on a couple of rough excel sheets and simulations. I found the breakeven point to be 4.9 7's per 52 cards if you don't include the bonus that only occurs once every 66 thousand hands. I guess I was seduced by the situations where you have over a 20% advantage. I guess its not really worth your time then.

N&B

Old thread I know, but just got back again. Super 7's as a side-bet is not a good idea unless you count 7's backwards and divide by decks remaining. Any time this count is 5 or more: play. For 8 decks start at 32, for 6 decks start at 24. The more accurate your estimation of decks remaining, the better this works... one needs to be accurate to at least a half of a deck.

But the real edge here is to note the penetration (how far back the cut-card is). I've played the $1 bet as a nice cover when geting 6.5 or holy %$#*& 7 decks in play out of 8 !!!

Edit: mea culpa for not reading the other posts here. the old way of mine turns out to be rather accurate... 4.9/52... really? House has 11-12% advantage IIRC