"Streak" sidebet

Dyepaintball12

I was just looking over all the rule variations in a current CBJN, and I saw this:

Streak: A sidebet that pays if you win
consecutive hands.

Most common payout:
2 wins pays 3:1
3 wins pays 8:1
4 wins pays 18:1
5 wins pays 38:1

Never seen this before. Has anyone? What is the HE? Can it ever be exploited?

Dyepaintball12

Sure would! Lose ten hands in a row, win 1000 to 1? Sounds good to me.

After further review it looks likes this side bet is really common in Colorado.

Cardcounter

I would bet on winning 3 hands in a row and play 3 hands at a time. Getting 8 to 1 on the sidebet would be great. All you have to do is not bust. You are far more likely to win all 3 hands in row if you play them all in the same round than if you play them in 3 seperate rounds. When the dealer busts everybody wins and the dealer busts 27% of the time.

21forme

Cardcounter said:
I would bet on winning 3 hands in a row and play 3 hands at a time. Getting 8 to 1 on the sidebet would be great. All you have to do is not bust. You are far more likely to win all 3 hands in row if you play them all in the same round than if you play them in 3 seperate rounds. When the dealer busts everybody wins and the dealer busts 27% of the time.
You're betting on each spot separately, so if you play 3 hands in one round, that doesn't count as 3 wins for a Streak bet, just one on each hand.

assume_R said:
BTW I think that's a broken link - doesn't work for me. gorillablackjack.com doesn't seem to be a valid site.
It worked when I posted it. Bottom line, the bet (3 through 5) is +EV at TC +3, though it does have a fairly high variance. I don't recall the numbers.