Ploppy counts...

There are a number of ploppies who keep track of how many hands were dealt and how many wining hands they have had from both the bj and side bets. I mean if you dedicate yourself in counting these why not count cards?

Gamblor

I knew one regular ploppy who had a notepad and would scribble something down on it. LOL the pit crew was very interested in what he was writing, even though he was an obvious plop.

BookerPA

Gamblor said:
I knew one regular ploppy who had a notepad and would scribble something down on it. LOL the pit crew was very interested in what he was writing, even though he was an obvious plop.
Members of the Olympic Stupidity Team are required to keep journals to insure their team ranking. :laugh:

AussiePlayer

BookerPA said:
Members of the Olympic Stupidity Team are required to keep journals to insure their team ranking. :laugh:
You mean this guy? (Dead link: http://www.sen.com.au/display-other-sports/Monks-hitandrun-lie/33416)

JulieCA

I encountered a guy who has an elaborate tracking system. He uses the chips to "keep count." He explained it to me and it made my head spin. Why not just learn how to count cards??

aslan

I know an old timer hustler who counts the number of high cards that have been played, so that at any time he can compare the number of tens gone with the number remaining and the percentage of total cards remaining. It's crude but it can indicate an advantage is certain situations.