Perfect Insurance Betting On Hand One?

Ken, what is the PERFECT INSURANCE BETTING ON HAND ONE?
As recomended by Wong's Professional Blackjack i.e:-

A perfect side count for Insurance purposes would count Tens as -9 and all other cards as -4. But, I know of no one that uses this. The method used by CV is to use an unbalanced count found in the 1981 version of Wong's Professional Blackjack. Here, Tens are counted as -2 and all other cards as +1. Insure if the count is greater than four times the number of decks. The Ten count can also be used for the Bust Out bet if you can find that rule anywhere.

Therefore, player should not take insurance even all 14 cards are "small card"(2 to 9) and dealer shown Ace on first hand. Am I correct ?

Could you explain further?

James

BJStanko

yes!

That seems like correct math.

I calculated it and came up with same number. It was acctualy 3.875. So it seems if true count is greater than 3.875 you should take insurance

So stick with that number 4.

and if you play 8 deck game and all 15 cards are small on first hand you shouldn't take insurance.

8 X 3.875 = 31 so you would need 31 small cards to come out for you to take insurance on first hand in 8 deck shoe. That is imposible if maximum of players is 7 because every player gets 2 cards plus dealer 1 card .the most of cards that can be delat is 16 (15 up cards and dealers hole card). So perfect play on first hand is not to take insurance even if all cards on the table are 2-9.

BJStanko

Here you go some math. So if 5 decks are left and true count is grater than +3.8 take insurance, or running count of 3.8 X 5 = 19

DECKS LEFT TRUE COUNT

1 deck +3 up

2 decks +3.5 up

3 decks +3.67 up

4 decks +3.75 up

5 decks +3.8 up

6 decks +3.83 up

7 decks +3.85 up

8 decks +3.875 up

Just to make sure you are doing the right thing stick to number 4 so you do not have to remember this little table.