zg banned again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. T

Zengrifter has been banned for one week for continuously distrupting smooth forums operation by bumping old threads, flaming and promoting bogus ideas. We will try again in one week.
Why iCountnTrack you are a hard man. This forum is a large part of his life. And what do you mean by "We will try again in one week"

I know that zg is an reformed ex. No I do not mean him being on the inside. I mean he has come a long way when he first hit the keyboard here 6 years ago. He was the one that ran me off this forum then. I thought Ken and others like you have rehabitated him. But apparently he still need the elbow once awhile.

zg enjoy your time off. Come back a wiser man.

Last edited:
Zen

Mr. T said:
Why iCountnTrack you are a hard man. This forum is a large part of his life. And what do you mean by "We will try again in one week"

I know that zg is an reformed ex. No I do not mean him being on the inside. I mean he has come a long way when he first hit the keyboard here 6 years ago. He was the one that ran me off this forum then. I thought Ken and others like you have rehabitated him. But apparently he still need the elbow once awhile.

zg enjoy your time off. Come back a wiser man.
"Come back a wiser man" T, I think he may take that as an insult and a sign of disrespect.

In this season of rebirth, the Christmas season, let us show all beings love and kindness, understanding and forgiveness.:)

CP

blackchipjim

Two cents!

I far as I'm concerned any good thought provoking poster walks the line when it comes to banning. We all may cross the line at one time or another without getting the ban. Sometimes testing the limits is needed to provoke the members to respond to issues. Time outs seem to stifle certain issues but they remain unresolved not cured.

KimLee

blackchipjim said:
I far as I'm concerned any good thought provoking poster walks the line when it comes to banning.
I basically stopped posting after Sonny deleted a thread and iCountNTrack locked my thread, saying:

Analyzing and speculating about other board members is totally against the forums posting guidelines.

Contrary to Mr. T's reaction, my posts didn't attack anybody, but merely quoted other posters. In other words, people can make phony or fraudulent posts, but I can't quote them!

The motivation is clear: my quotations showed contradictions or apparent inconsistencies by two posters. KewlJason corrected a typo. and provided additional information that boosted his credibility. Players can learn a lot from my summary of his style and strategy. But the other poster allowed that he had not played nearly as much or successfully as he had claimed. Players who emulate him will be disappointed.

Unfortunately moderators simply invent guidelines to prevent exposing frauds, even if I merely quote their own posts. Too bad - sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Kim

KimLee said:
I basically stopped posting after Sonny deleted a thread and iCountNTrack locked my thread, saying:

Analyzing and speculating about other board members is totally against the forums posting guidelines.

Contrary to Mr. T's reaction, my posts didn't attack anybody, but merely quoted other posters. In other words, people can make phony or fraudulent posts, but I can't quote them!

The motivation is clear: my quotations showed contradictions or apparent inconsistencies by two posters. KewlJason corrected a typo. and provided additional information that boosted his credibility. Players can learn a lot from my summary of his style and strategy. But the other poster allowed that he had not played nearly as much or successfully as he had claimed. Players who emulate him will be disappointed.

Unfortunately moderators simply invent guidelines to prevent exposing frauds, even if I merely quote their own posts. Too bad - sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Mr. Lee, it is assuredly a loss to this site that you have refrained from posting due to these attempts to silence you.

Your credientials are impeccable and we all could learn so much from your continued postings, I know I have.

Just so others know of whom you speak it was Flash and your comments concerning his claims, which you did back up, that caused the locking etc.

I hope all is well with you.:)

CP

KimLee said:

Is that a published rule here?
One of my alleged "violations" was "bumping threads" but the members I consulted were unaware of the rule.
You are suggesting that BJINFO 'management' feels that its not good for the community for players' weaknesses to be exposed?? Or was the offending comm perceived as a personal attack?

Dr. Lee, which BJ discussion community has the best mods and/or discussion moderation policy and/or enforcement, in your experience, and why? zg

kewljason

zengrifter said:
Is that a published rule here?
One of my alleged "violations" was "bumping threads" but the members I consulted were unaware of the rule.

You are suggesting that BJINFO 'management' feels that its not good for the community for players' weaknesses to be exposed?? Or was the offending comm perceived as a personal attack?
Welcome back Z. :)

I know I was the subject of at least a portion of Kim Lee's comments. I personally did not feel his comments to be any kind of attack. More like his observations and opinions, which was fine with me, as I have communicated with Dr Lee several times in private and value his opinions and thoughts. I can't speak of whether such comments about other members violate rules or not. That is management's call.

I would like to concur with a couple previous thoughts in this thread, by Norm and CP. I appreciate this site and the work of the mods here, even if I don't agree with every decision, so as I have expressed before, "thanks to Ken and the mods". I also wish Dr Lee along with a handful of other highly qualified members would choose to participate more. Their knowledge and expertise is of great benefit to many less knowledgable players like myself. :)

Last edited:

blackchipjim

The mods

I have to agree that the mods do a good job for the most part at this site. I for one wouldn't want the job because of the backlash of oppinion due to any misstep in decisions. I never really read any guidelines for the site just because I never thought I'd ever break any of them just by using good judgement. Some people's banning have taught me that maybe I should read them.

blackchipjim said:
I have to agree that the mods do a good job for the most part at this site. I for one wouldn't want the job because of the backlash of oppinion due to any misstep in decisions. I never really read any guidelines for the site just because I never thought I'd ever break any of them just by using good judgement. Some people's banning have taught me that maybe I should read them.
One moderator has performed admirably and honorably. Another has used his petty power for self-gratification. For as long as there has been social use of the Internet, there have been people on it who crave petty authority over the interactions of other people as a substitute for real power over important things.

Now that having been said, it's worth noting that AP's tend to be flawed individuals, with quirks, bad habits and damaged zones as formidable as their intellects, and a little tolerance and forgiveness is in order, no? And it should cut both ways. Forgive, but don't forget.

blackchipjim

liberal vs conservative?

I dunno automonk I think that the lines may be drawn more along liberal and conservative lines. I know it sounds corny but think about it for a moment.Some of the bannings have been on strict adherence to the guidelines and others pretty marginal on cause. I do agree some of the reasons may be pretty lame for the ban and some more serious are overlooked depending on wether the mods or cranky or not. I don't think I've pushed the envelope yet but I'm sure I could get under someone's skin pretty easy if I tried which would draw a timeout.:laugh:

All I really care about is that when CP was last banned, his discussion thread at Zzonegot over
3000 views in 7-days. But my ban discussion thread saw only about 850 views in 7-days >>
http://www.zenzoneforum.com/threads/18308-Zengrifter-BANNED-from-BJINFO...-AGAIN!

THAT is a hard and humbling pill to swallow. zg

iCountNTrack

Automatic Monkey said:
One moderator has performed admirably and honorably. Another has used his petty power for self-gratification. For as long as there has been social use of the Internet, there have been people on it who crave petty authority over the interactions of other people as a substitute for real power over important things.
:rolleyes:

Ignorance is really man's greatest enemy. You clearly have no idea how moderation works on this site, but for your information, actions are discussed and taken collectively.

I like how you never miss an opportunity to deliver cheap low blows. I am not sure why mais c'est vraiment pathétique.

Last edited:
Z-Man

zengrifter said:
How do you rate them compared to mods at BJ21, BJFO, and Parker Pages? zg
I would like to comment that the legendary "Parker" had a MO of screening every post before it was placed and trashing what he didn't like, thus making the site such a ghost town that DS even left it to go back to Wongs site,,,which is, imho, very similar to this site as to bannings etc.

I have seen regular wars break out on the politics page on Wongs site, great fun to be sure, and OH...sooooooo entertaining:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now as to the Fight Club, every site should have one.:cool::grin:

CP

blackchipjim

fight zone?

I brought this up awhile back about a place where flamers could match up and burn each other's collective houses down but it was a no go. It was just a suggestion since the forums were getting out of hand and hijacking threads was starting to be commonplace. Some were funny and some were not and lead to the detriment of the question or the posters original question. I'm glad ZG is back and look forward to his oppinions on threads in the future. I agree with Ken that a fight club here would demean the purpose of this site. How's that for kissing up men?:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.