Steering a 10 in ENHC

Percy

Wondering if anyone had any opinions or information about where to steer a 10 in ENHC? I know the most profitable thing to do in a hole card game can be to use it as the dealers second hit card. But surely in a ENHC game thats very risky. For instance, if the dealer has a 10 or an Ace and the steered 10 comes out one earlier than anticipated it would be very costly. Am i, therefore, better off getting it to land in one of my boxes? Or does anyone have a better idea?

Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Martin Gayle

Percy said:
Wondering if anyone had any opinions or information about where to steer a 10 in ENHC? I know the most profitable thing to do in a hole card game can be to use it as the dealers second hit card. But surely in a ENHC game thats very risky. For instance, if the dealer has a 10 or an Ace and the steered 10 comes out one earlier than anticipated it would be very costly. Am i, therefore, better off getting it to land in one of my boxes? Or does anyone have a better idea?

The most valuable play is to steering it to a dealer's bust card to give him a stiff. If the dealer has a 14-16 he has a more than 50% chance of breaking, regardless of the thrid card.

steering a 10

No hole card--if u are not sure whether u can steer it as Dlr 2nd hit card,
so steer it as 3rd hit card.
if dlr doesn't need to hit the 3rd card, it will the 1st card in next round.
suppose u can bet the 1st bx n no burn card.

johndoe

Oscar Grind said:
Didn't the MIT BJ team use this strategy in addition to card counting?
If members did it was mostly on their own; I remember someone from the team quoting that they didn't even bother with indexes, officially.

Martin Gayle

jnrwilliam said:
No hole card--if u are not sure whether u can steer it as Dlr 2nd hit card,
so steer it as 3rd hit card.
if dlr doesn't need to hit the 3rd card, it will the 1st card in next round.
suppose u can bet the 1st bx n no burn card.
I was thinking about my post after I wrote it and I came to the same conclusion that there is much more margin for error in a NHC game. For the reason that you know the X is coming but if you are off a little, it isn't going to hurt you.

Percy said:

Without perfect accuracy its better to steer the 10 to your hands - 12% advantage. zg

Nazgul

You’re better off just steering the card to yourself. Steering a ten to the dealer’s hole card will only give you an advantage against certain upcards. If the dealer shows a ten obviously you don’t want to steer him another ten. Since you don’t know what his upcard is going to be until the round has been dealt you can’t adjust the size of your bet to take advantage of the situation. You might end up with a big advantage but only on a small bet. If you steer it to your own hand(s) you can get more value out of the situation.