Advanced playing strategies

eandre

How about posting 1-2 usable/real world techniques that will improve an A/P's game? For example, on a positive count at the last hand delt, spread to 2-3 hands in hopes of catching a few more winners instead of allowing the advantage to be shuffled away.

Sonny

Yeah, that’s a good technique that we’ve discussed in several threads. Can you be more specific as to what kinds of techniques you’re looking for? I think we’ve covered just about everything at some point; Sequencing, cutting, steering, front loading, betting strategies, various forms of shuffle tracking, indexing, backline betting, cover plays, side bets, various team plays, scavenger plays, couponomy, comp counting, other BJ variants (SuperFun 21, Spanish 21, BJ Switch, 6:5 BJ, etc.), shadow play, edge play, sorting, turning, you name it. Maybe you’re looking for a list like this?

-Sonny-

eandre

That's a good list for technical/theoeretical strategies. I am hoping that the forum members have developed a few A/P skills such as working the dealers or pit supervsion. Maybe something as simple as having their wife as a team. I'm asking for simple practical tips that while all alone may not add much to the advantage but collectively they may produce a winning day. I'm always looking for any useful edge.

eandre

I'm looking for something like pushing out a tip after the cut card comes out and asking for another round or two in a d/d game. I have had dealers deal down to 2 cards. There must be other members who have developed things like this.

Brock Windsor

Sonny said:
Yeah, that’s a good technique that we’ve discussed in several threads. Can you be more specific as to what kinds of techniques you’re looking for? I think we’ve covered just about everything at some point; Sequencing, cutting, steering, front loading, betting strategies, various forms of shuffle tracking, indexing, backline betting, cover plays, side bets, various team plays, scavenger plays, couponomy, comp counting, other BJ variants (SuperFun 21, Spanish 21, BJ Switch, 6:5 BJ, etc.), shadow play, edge play, sorting, turning, you name it. Maybe you’re looking for a list like this?

-Sonny-
Sonny by the term "indexing" do you mean the deviations in play from basic strategy or is this an advanced term Im unfamiliar with.

BW

Sonny

Brock Windsor said:
Sonny by the term "indexing" do you mean the deviations in play from basic strategy or is this an advanced term Im unfamiliar with.
It refers to any method of glimpsing the top card of the deck/shoe. It's usually not something you can get away with too many times in a row, but if you pick your opportunities well it can be very worthwhile.

-Sonny-