Single Deck??? Really???

BlackDog

My brother was telling me of an experience he had recently in Laughlin, NV at the Ramada Express. Apparently they claim to have single deck BJ but what it actually is, is two decks blended together and then cut into one deck for the dealer to handle as if it were a single deck. My brother played for a while and then got two of the exact same cards and questioned it. Only then was it explained/advertised....

Anyone else ever heard of this?

Sounds Shady

Wonder what the law is when explaining/advertising exactly what the game consists of. I know a big thing happening out here (Midwest) is these so called “Two-Deck” games where they have 8 total decks and take two out of them. Best thing to do is boycott anything like this obviously.

I play BJ in Laughlin twice a week. I have never played at the Ramada and now don't think I want to. I usally play at Riverside or Flamingo. Riverside has a rule on both single deck and the 6 deck shoe that you can not double down unless it is 10 or 11. This prevents doubling on soft counts. I managed to win a little but I don't like this rule. Where have all the "straight" BJ game gone?