Coushatta (Louisiana)

Hey - anyone have any experience playing at Coushatta in Kinder, LA? I'm headed to Lake Charles this weekend, and Coushatta is a bit further on, but I might head that way too. I'm mostly curious what the table conditions are likely to be if it's a busy Fourth of July weekend. I have played $10 DD at Coushatta when it's slow, but I have a sense that terribly busy tables could make the penetration an issue.

Thanks for any advice.

tribute

Never been on July 4th, however my favorite in La. It's worth the extra drive.
You can play extra spots without bet increase. Never so crowded that you can't find tables open. Only negative is 50% penetration common on DD. Nice big place, good steakhouse.

EasyRhino

Really with the crowds? I'm more ticked then from the one time I went to Lake Charles over Labor day or whenever The places in lake charles proper (L'auberge and Capri) were TOTALLY SLAMMED, hard to get in a spot. And pen was bad on the DD, too.

tribute said:
Never been on July 4th, however my favorite in La. It's worth the extra drive.
You can play extra spots without bet increase. Never so crowded that you can't find tables open. Only negative is 50% penetration common on DD. Nice big place, good steakhouse.
Yeah... I haven't had good luck at the DD but I've really enjoyed getting to play $10 DD. I wonder if the lousy penetration means I should stop enjoying it. ;-)

ccl

anyone play here on a regular basis, i probably go down there 1 or 2x a month, wouldnt mind meeting up with people to play with people who know what they are doing.

chris