cutting to an ace

squeeks

I know it gives you a big advantage when cutting off 52 cards from the back of the shoe when there is an ace on the back of the shoe. Then I split to big bet hands when the ace is coming. I ussually cut between 51 and 53 cards every time I do this. My question is if I do this with a ten will it still give me an advantage? My train of thought is that a ten gives you a 14% advantage on that hand so if you have two hands with big bets out when the ten is coming, both those hands would normally have a 0.5% dis advantage so take that 1% disadvantage away from the 14% advantage and that leaves a 13% advantage split between the two hands is a 6.5% advantage for both hands, am I right?

jay28

squeeks said:
I know it gives you a big advantage when cutting off 52 cards from the back of the shoe when there is an ace on the back of the shoe. Then I split to big bet hands when the ace is coming. I ussually cut between 51 and 53 cards every time I do this. My question is if I do this with a ten will it still give me an advantage? My train of thought is that a ten gives you a 14% advantage on that hand so if you have two hands with big bets out when the ten is coming, both those hands would normally have a 0.5% dis advantage so take that 1% disadvantage away from the 14% advantage and that leaves a 13% advantage split between the two hands is a 6.5% advantage for both hands, am I right?
You have a much larger advantage if you can steer the 10 to the dealer as a bust card.

Mimosine

squeeks said:
I know but I`m not perfect I`m usually a card off either way.
that still gives you a significant advantage over counting alone. as long as you are consistent and never off more than by 1. but you know that.

jay28

squeeks said:
I know but I`m not perfect I`m usually a card off either way.
Even if you are 1 card out and you make the 10 a second bust card (should the dealer require to hit twice) you still have a much stronger advanage than keeping the ten for yourself, You obviously need to be playing the table alone but you can cash in on serveral spots at table max using this method. If the dealer doesn't require to hit twice you still have the 10 to come.

If you are unable to steer the card then you still have a good advanage if you keep it for yourself. however you need to be playing a couple of extra spots at smaller stakes to your left of your main bet, this is to ensure if you do mess up, the dealer doesn't have the 10 (or A) in their first two cards, as this would provide the house with the advanage and become very expensive.

jay28 said:
You have a much larger advantage if you can steer the 10 to the dealer as a bust card.
If I am playing a no hole card game, and I know the 9th card is a Ten. Should I use that Ten on my hand to get +13%, or should I play three spots in order to use that Ten for playing strategy...hit/double/split or send it to the dealer to increase her busting chance.

How much advantage on average I can get from using the Ten for playing strategy.

What is the strategy if the 9th card is 2-9?