Imperial Palace

jimmtech

IP is the lowest on the HET comp list- I have stayed at Harrahs and Circus before and they were good enough for me.

Is IP a total dive? Is it worse than the hotels downtown which purport to merit flea spray? Is it safe?

jimmtech said:
IP is the lowest on the HET comp list- I have stayed at Harrahs and Circus before and they were good enough for me.

Is IP a total dive? Is it worse than the hotels downtown which purport to merit flea spray? Is it safe?
I've stayed there twice. It's no place for honeymooners but if you just need a place to fall then it's your place, simply for it's location. The rooms are clean, the beds are average. I've heard the capri rooms suck though. Make sure you take the elevators behind the main ones too; they're a lot faster. I can't vouch for their tables though, sorry, but I do remember low limits and dealers dressed like fools.

jimmtech said:

Heads up on the IP !

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/348/RipOff0348985.htm

I was bitten while at the hotel as well and the only reason a report wasnt filed was because I did not know what the bites were. This is the only vacation I have taken in the past six months and my apartment has no history of bed bugs. All evidence points to the bed bugs coming from the Imperial Palace.

My apartment had to be treated four times to get rid of the bed bugs. I had to wash everything I own, buy a new mattress, a cover to protect the mattress and pillows, and new living room furniture.

I made several attempts to get the hotel to accept responsibility and simply reimburse me for my expenses as a result of this fiasco which were upwards of $2500.00. However, each time, they maintained that they found no evidence in the hotel rooms and that no other guests have ever complained of bed bugs.

By simply searching bed bugs las vegas imperial palace through Google, I came across a website which maintains records of bed bug reports in hotels all over the country, the Imperial Palace being one of them. There were also two incidents in which customers complained about bed bugs in your hotel through hotel reviews. In both of these instances, the hotel also chose to ignore the guests complaints.

Now I have no idea where to go next, the hotel refuses to acknowledge the infestation and I am out thousands of dollars of my own money.

shadroch

InPlay said:
Heads up on the IP !

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/348/RipOff0348985.htm

I was bitten while at the hotel as well and the only reason a report wasnt filed was because I did not know what the bites were. This is the only vacation I have taken in the past six months and my apartment has no history of bed bugs. All evidence points to the bed bugs coming from the Imperial Palace.

My apartment had to be treated four times to get rid of the bed bugs. I had to wash everything I own, buy a new mattress, a cover to protect the mattress and pillows, and new living room furniture.

I made several attempts to get the hotel to accept responsibility and simply reimburse me for my expenses as a result of this fiasco which were upwards of $2500.00. However, each time, they maintained that they found no evidence in the hotel rooms and that no other guests have ever complained of bed bugs.

By simply searching bed bugs las vegas imperial palace through Google, I came across a website which maintains records of bed bug reports in hotels all over the country, the Imperial Palace being one of them. There were also two incidents in which customers complained about bed bugs in your hotel through hotel reviews. In both of these instances, the hotel also chose to ignore the guests complaints.

Now I have no idea where to go next, the hotel refuses to acknowledge the infestation and I am out thousands of dollars of my own money.
I do realize that nobody here takes you seriously,but just in case- Why did you fail to mention this last month when you were ranting about bedbugs downtown? Did you suffer from amnesia or are you just generally full of ****?

shadroch

jimmtech said:

I stayed twice. First time was uneventful,room was okay,the BJ was fairly decent- a DD game with about 55% pen.
My last trip- no hot water from 7am to 2PM,very little water pressure-you needed to flush the toilet several times,and my mattress was a joke.When I went to one side to read with the low watt reading lamp,the mattress tilted and I almost crashed to the floor. All the decent Bj was gone,to boot. Iwouldn't turn it down if I had no other free alternative,but thats the best endoresment I can give. Stay away from the buffet,but make sure you hit the auto museum.

shadroch said:
I do realize that nobody here takes you seriously,but just in case- Why did you fail to mention this last month when you were ranting about bedbugs downtown? Did you suffer from amnesia or are you just generally full of ****?
Next time you stay their check your legs for bites and tell us about your stay at the IP. What is amnesia? Memory loss? Forgetten about those bug bites have you ?

shadroch said:
I stayed twice. First time was uneventful,room was okay,the BJ was fairly decent- a DD game with about 55% pen.
My last trip- no hot water from 7am to 2PM,very little water pressure-you needed to flush the toilet several times,and my mattress was a joke.When I went to one side to read with the low watt reading lamp,the mattress tilted and I almost crashed to the floor. All the decent Bj was gone,to boot. Iwouldn't turn it down if I had no other free alternative,but thats the best endoresment I can give. Stay away from the buffet,but make sure you hit the auto museum.
Sounds like you would of been better off staying at the bus station and sleeping on the benches. Probally have hot water there and you would have been close to the better BJ games. As long as you had been sprayed with flea spray you would of been alright. I know when I go downtown I never leave home without my spray.

callipygian

Doofus said:
jimmtech said:
Yes. No. Yes.
Exactly, but with a few added commentaries:

If you're into unattended, white trash, underage girls, I believe the IP might lead the Strip properties in that category, with Flamingo a close second.

Its entryway also takes the "Smells Most Like Piss" award. I realize it's probably puke and not piss, but it smelled like piss to me as I held my breath and scurried through the single time I dropped by.

callipygian said:
Exactly, but with a few added commentaries:

If you're into unattended, white trash, underage girls, I believe the IP might lead the Strip properties in that category, with Flamingo a close second.

Its entryway also takes the "Smells Most Like Piss" award. I realize it's probably puke and not piss, but it smelled like piss to me as I held my breath and scurried through the single time I dropped by.
Best review of the IP I gave ever heard. 5 stars for your review.

shadroch said:
Out of curiousity,- Have you ever actually been to Las Vegas?

All the time. Do you want to quiz me on LV ? Not downtown. Remember I am old and the details get foggy sometimes. Last trip there was last year. I try to make it once or twice a year. One thing I can tell you I have not stayed at the IP so I may be wrong of my assement of the IP. Judging by other peoples and your comments of the the IP it would seem like bed bugs would feel right at home. Would you agree ? I don't now about the smell of piss being there maybe you can tell me if it is true ? My sniffer is not what it used to be. Is the IP your home base when you stay in LV? Why not spend a few extra bucks and get a room with a real bed and some good lighting and you will be able to get a good nights sleep and be fresh in the morning.

Last edited:
shadroch said:
Out of curiousity,- Have you ever actually been to Las Vegas?

Speaking of LV just got a bunch of marketing offers for LV.

1. Oct 7 is a 44,000 Invitational Tournament at the Paris. Offer is 3 day comp at either Ballys, Flamingo, Harrah's, IP, and Rio plus $50 Total Rewards Discover Card.

2.Tickets to the QwikLiner Las Vegas 350 Sept 19-21st (VIP) plus 2 nights comped.

3.Free rooms at the Flamingo Sept 25-27 plus a free gift. A Transdock for your MP3 player while you drive. Like I really need that. Don't even own A mp3 player.

Offer number one if I would take that i would be able to write a review on the IP first hand. Intersting how faith deals the cards.

Doofus said:
Yes. No. Yes.

This is the Strip's version of Motel 6.
Sad that they used to have some of the BEST games in the state. IP is where I first ID'd Schlessinger in '87 as he wonged around mad-cap/steeplechase style, whrliling feverishly, incessantly looking at his watch like a Lewis Carrol Looking Glass character stating repeatedly, "I'm late I'm late - I really must be going!" zg