internet access on the strip

I have a laptop but I need access only for 5 minutes a day and I don’t want to pay 12.99 every day (hotel charge for 24 hours).
I also prefer to pay than to carry my laptop to a place with free internet access.
I thought to use computer stations at the hotel's business center but I have never tried it before.

Any advise for internet access on the strip?

Thanks

callipygian

guy9bundes said:
Any advise for internet access on the strip?
Paying for Wi-Fi is probably your best option. You can also drop by the business center, but given that they charged me $10 to charge my cell phone, I doubt they're going to give you a good rate on the Internet.

The concierge desk will print out your boarding passes for you for free, if that's what you need Internet access for.

I've also seen an Internet cafe in the strip mall across from Monte Carlo, but never used it.

chichow

STRIP is a long area.

Better to specify where you are going to be.

North End. The WYNN ice cream shop in the shopping mall has free wifi

Thanks all.

I will be all over the strip so anything from Wynn to Mandalay Bay is good for me.
As I said before I prefer computer stations and not free WiFi
I will be there for 2 weeks and I just want to check everyday for 5 min e-mails and news.

Thanks again.

ChefJJ

Isn't it ironic that you can stay in an upscale hotel for hundreds of dollars a night (e.g. downtown hotels in major cities) and have to pay in excess of $10/day for internet...but yet you get it free in some place like a Super 8 :confused:

21forme

ChefJJ said:
Isn't it ironic that you can stay in an upscale hotel for hundreds of dollars a night (e.g. downtown hotels in major cities) and have to pay in excess of $10/day for internet...but yet you get it free in some place like a Super 8 :confused:
Since cell phones became popular, they lost an income stream from way overpriced telephone service. This is how they try to make up for it.

chichow

if you are checking email for 5 min a day, perhaps you should sign up for a data plan and see if you can get the email on your cell phone.

since many data plans are pro-rated, its not that much money for a few days

Mimosine

ChefJJ said:
the trop has great wi fi! free!