Semyon Dukach DVDs

iCountNTrack

I don't know what you guys think about Semyons DVDs but I visited a cousin of mine who I haven't seen in a long time, and had recently purchased the DVD's, besides the fact that they are way overpriced (I could have recorded and posted the same demonstration on you Tube for 0$), but it also gives the viewer very optimistic numbers, like if the ev is 1%, average bet is $100, average win by hand is $1, standard deviation is $100!!!! very simplistic NRS presentation that yields 5% EV!!!!!

I have a lot of respect for the MIT people as players, but sometimes i feel it is a highway robbery with them.:)

Sonny

Yeah, I bought the Advanced Strategies DVD on eBay for $10. It had a few basic examples of steering, although he couldn’t get them to work in the seminar. It’s a decent introduction to the techniques but it doesn’t get you anywhere near the point where you are ready to use them. It’s like a magician showing you how a trick works but not how to do it yourself. The information is good and the demonstrations are helpful but the same information can be found elsewhere on the net for free. The DVD doesn’t offer much that you couldn’t figure out on your own at home. In fact, most of that info has been posted in much greater detail in the Advanced Techniques section of this board.

Did your cousin get an information packet with the DVD? During the presentation Semyon keeps saying things like “Misplaying the hands can be very costly so you have to know which hands to misplay and how to do it properly. See the packet for that info.” My second-hand copy didn’t have the packet but I have to assume that it normally does.

-Sonny-

Yeah don't buy that stuff. Get yourself a shoe of cards, read a couple of books, and learn to do some computer work; you can discover all these things for yourself and for the shuffles used in your local stores. And without sending these clowns any of your bankroll.

HarryKuntz

I agree with you guys, I've watched both the counting & advanaced techniques films, can't remember where but I think It was for free online somewhere. There's some good insights if your a complete beginner but thats about it. As Sonny says Semyon struggles to do decent demonstrations, I was very suprised he didn't bother to get it right for the dvd. Definately not worth the money.

I also watched Andy Blochs dvd once - thought that was even worse. Has anyone else seen this?

iCountNTrack

Sonny said:
Did your cousin get an information packet with the DVD? During the presentation Semyon keeps saying things like “Misplaying the hands can be very costly so you have to know which hands to misplay and how to do it properly. See the packet for that info.” My second-hand copy didn’t have the packet but I have to assume that it normally does.

-Sonny-
I am not sure Sonny but I will ask my cousin, but I know he cousin paid over a $200 for the advanced techniques DVD!!!, totally not the worth th money, he should have invested his money in one of Norm's softwares

iCountNTrack said:
I am not sure Sonny but I will ask my cousin, but I know he cousin paid over a $200 for the advanced techniques DVD!!!, totally not the worth th money, he should have invested his money in one of Norm's softwares
So? What did your cousin say? Inquiring minds want to know!
I've been waiting 27 mos to decide if I want it! zg

Ps - Refresh my memory, please - what is the player's advantage if the dealer always receives a 10 for first hit?

Sonny said:
Yeah, I bought the Advanced Strategies DVD on eBay for $10. It had a few basic examples of steering, although he couldn’t get them to work in the seminar.
Couldn't get them to work?? Was it Semyon in the seminar?
Do we have any confidence that Semyon ever really worked this steerign successfully?
After all, didn't the "main" MIT group discard ST for lack of reliable empirical results? zg

Handle

HarryKuntz said:
I agree with you guys, I've watched both the counting & advanaced techniques films, can't remember where but I think It was for free online somewhere. There's some good insights if your a complete beginner but thats about it. As Sonny says Semyon struggles to do decent demonstrations, I was very suprised he didn't bother to get it right for the dvd. Definately not worth the money.

I also watched Andy Blochs dvd once - thought that was even worse. Has anyone else seen this?
Harry,

Will you please change your handle,,,most Women are into waxing these days:)

CP

FLASH1296 said:

I have Semyon's and Andy's DVD's

Neither is worth wasting much time on.
Given Johnny C's revelation that the MIT did not much successfully use ST or Card Steering,
is it nonetheless believable that Semyon did? And that Bloch did also, supposedly? zg

MJ1

zengrifter said:
Given Johnny C's revelation that the MIT did not much successfully use ST or Card Steering,
is it nonetheless believable that Semyon did? And that Bloch did also, supposedly? zg
MIT experienced moderate success with these techniques...but the BP/spotter approach is where they made most of their money.

iCountNTrack said:
For a player if the first card is 10 the ev is about 13%
Yes, and that is why I used to think that if I knew where the 10 is I would want it. But it turns out
the 10 is more valuable IF we can steer it to the dealer first hit. Regardless of dealers up card, I think. zg

zengrifter said:
Harry Kuntz is actually a legit name. z(telly savalas)g
HAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHHAHHHAHHAHAH, immature, but hilarious haha

in one of my classes, some student i guess decided he wasn't going to stay in the class after the first test, so as the name he wrote Jack Mihoff, when the prof passed the tests back he kept saying it, the whole class was laughing until he realized what he was saying, top college experience lol