SCORE v Risk

Kasi

SleightOfHand said:
Which betting ramp would you pick assuming that 5% is your max accepted RoR? What are the factors in making the decision?
For lifetime ROR I think the only thing that matters is ratio of EV and SD per round. Guess not even the ratio, just whatever they are. Then ROR, after that, only depends on number of units in roll. More units, less ROR. EV and SD per round won't change just because you have a million units or 1000 units. After all, you're still betting the same units at the same counts.

SCORE I think basically figures out the optimal way to bet so the ratio of EV and SD is optimal and will result in the fewest number of hands to double your roll or the lowest N0 number. I think lol. Choosing a practical ramp as close to that as possible is probably the best thing to do. Increase units in roll to desired level of risk after that.

But you can plug in any spread you want. Any spread you use will have it's own EV and SD and you can manipulate the risk by number of units in roll. It's just that might give a really poor ratio of EV to SD and increase N0 compared to an optimal ramp.

You can plug in EV and SD into any ROR calcualtor, plug in desired level of risk, and it will tell you how many units of roll you'll need.

Mixed it Up a Little?

The higher the SCORE the better!

I think you have mixed things up a bit.
You have a customized set at about 5% ror
and an optimal at .3% ror?

You should compare
.3% optimal vs customized

5% optimal vs customized

Pick the actual ROR you want. I believe this ror will be for fixed bets.

Optimal will outperform, then the trick is to get close in the real world, with realistic bet sizes.

Of the 2 choices you have, the .3 has the higher SCORE so that one is superior on a risk/reward ratio!:joker::whip:

Kasi

blackjack avenger said:
The higher the SCORE the better!
optimal vs customized

5% optimal vs customized

Pick the actual ROR you want.
Exactly lol.

He should definitely use the optimal spread - 1 unit at 1 & 2, 2 @ 3 etc.

The only reason that's a 0.3 ROR is because he has a 2000 unit roll.

So if he wanted he could double his dollar bets using that optimal unit spread which would double the win rates per hand and (try it sleight to be sure) probably give about a 5% ROR with the same $10K roll, except now it's a 1000 unit roll and you're spreading $10-$200, if that's the level of risk you want to play at.

I think a roll of $10,080 with a $10 unit should come out exactly at a 5% ROR.