Harrah's Rincon

Sandy Eggo

Ok, first trip through was last night with 3 girlfriends. They mostly played the cheapest slots we could find on the free play we got for signing up. Then after some coffee and dessert, I went back to the 5D CSM in the Sports Bar area and played mostly 1:1 with the dealer at $5/hand. Saw one BJ, did some tournament style playing. Talked a little with the Pit manager and the two girls, Mindy and Linda, about that pit. They even had $5/SINGLE DECK being played but with 3 already on that table, I wasn't in the mood to break in (and the girls were itching to leave -- I was Designated Driver for the Bachelorette Party, and it was nearing 1:30am).

There had been a point that I'd tipped out about $5 in winning hands and was even with my buy-in (cheap at $60). I should have walked. But when I dropped and had to buy-in for a split/double...and in 3 more hands lost the rest, I just tipped the last $2.50 for the Pit. Apparently, @ Harrah's they share tips.

But, now that I know that there are SD tables @ $5, even on Friday night...I'm going to have to slip down there for some play to get into their system for invites for the tourneys. :devil:

Guynoire

The single deck at Harrah's Rincon pays 6-5 on blackjack! Do not play 6-5 blackjack! It is an insultingly bad game as you're 3 times better off at the CSM.

Sandy Eggo

Guynoire said:
The single deck at Harrah's Rincon pays 6-5 on blackjack! Do not play 6-5 blackjack! It is an insultingly bad game as you're 3 times better off at the CSM.
Thank you....I'd not gone past the table, just only what the dealer said "we have single deck @ 5" and it was opposite the small 5 table pit and I could see 3 on the table playing.

Totally agree...at 6:5, they want you to double those BJs and then lose most of the hands. :whip: Thanks for the warning.

So, are you a San Diego local?

Guynoire

I'm not a local but I was there about a year ago and wondered the same thing myself. When I asked the dealer she said blackjack paid 6-5 which is consistent with a lot of Harrah's properties that try to fool people into playing that horrible game. From what I've heard the games at Harrah's Rincon are bad even compared to other Harrah's properties. You won't find any decent video poker and the machines give almost no bonus reward credits. It's a beautiful property and location but the games just stink out loud.

Sandy Eggo

The road to it is being widened as we speak. Will help both Harrahs and Valley View.

The venue while it feels like a Harrahs, just felt out of place for SD. Not sure why...Maybe too Vegas-like? Dunno...

Wasn't all that crowded, probably because not-payday weekend and not an event weekend.

Had a hell of a time finding anything of "value" to play. And since I'm such a low-roller right now given economy/life -- I'm just hoping that they'll send me the tourney info.