Tropicana 4 deck

Ill be heading to ac real soon and im wondering what the deal with these 4 deck games is.I her now that they are really starting to crack down on the counters at these tables. Is this true? Anyone played lately got any info for us?

Ferretnparrot

The games are great, its easy to backcount because the time taken to deal each one is very short and you can hang around the other table games right next to them while you wiat for a shoe to finish. Your counting cards where peopel dont want you to count cards, there always the possibility of getting caught, just play the game while its there! dont be a noob about raising your bets and talk with the pit boss instead of just looking at him when he looks at you and looking away. Make sure he knows how superstitious you are by always announcing your "reasons" for doing odd things when he is near. Thats basically all i do for cover, they usually give me funny looks, shrug their shoulders and ignore me eventually.

yessir

21forme said:
Wear an asbestos hat to repel the heat.
haha i take it you have been there recently. I have heard that facial hair gets singed playing these tables. I even see a few stories going around about PC actually harasing players with remarks like isnt it time to raise your bet yet. LOL i cant wait till i can get down there this month and have some fun.

rukus

played on 2 of the three shifts there this past weekend. no heat at all from the pit on either shift, but after a good shoe where i had some high bets out, the dealer cut the next shoe in half (without any verbal direction from the pit). it was time for me to leave anyway...

MJ1

rukus said:
played on 2 of the three shifts there this past weekend. no heat at all from the pit on either shift, but after a good shoe where i had some high bets out, the dealer cut the next shoe in half (without any verbal direction from the pit). it was time for me to leave anyway...
What type of bet spread can you get away with?

Will they permit you to play two hands at a time?

rukus said:
Yup i have been hearing a few different thingss now. I know about the half shoing they do that alot to counters there, I am now hearing they are preferentialy shuffling. They tell the dealers to shuffle when something like bet fluctuation alot happens or things along those lines. Now i know they do this to more known counters down there at higher limits but, this is ridiculous. Tropicana is treatig this like a single deck game where the dealer can shuffle if a big bet goes out, come on. A bunch of people were saying it this before and i wa saying it to, they using this as a counter trap to identify us and then they will procede to make the one only good game in all the awful games down there, bad like all BJ in AC.

Ferretnparrot

MJ1 said:
What type of bet spread can you get away with?

Will they permit you to play two hands at a time?
you dont spread, you count then bet when its in your favor, i also sometimes play three hands in black chips, i play there like three days a week, they know me, only got half shoed one time, and they didnt even say anythign to me, i think it was only out of paranoia and me winning so much GD money, and betting like a baffoon, whihc is what i try to come accross as

rollem411

mjbballar23 said:
I assume he means backcounting
takinfromindians97 said:
I think he means he wongs in and out thats all i can think by playing only when it is in your favor.
O ok...In a 4 deck game you don't really need to backcount. A play all and the occasional sit out at highly negative counts will suffice with a decent bet spread.

rollem411 said:
O ok...In a 4 deck game you don't really need to backcount. A play all and the occasional sit out at highly negative counts will suffice with a decent bet spread.
YES i agree a bathroom break here and there(when it get real bad) should be fine but just sit at one of these tables and start grinding away.

rollem411

21forme said:
I wonged out of that game several times. One shoe, I saw a HiLo RC of -24!
I use the negative counts for a little bit of cover. I like to be able to play for a couple hours before I can no longer get a good game. Hitting your 13 vs. 2,3,4 gets a lot of attention from the other players and dealer as well. I just act dumb and say I thought it would be a good hit because "it's only a 13!"