California blackjack

Ferretnparrot

I was reading some stuff on the web and i stumbled upon this variation of blackjack, while it apears that it would be futile to attemp to beat normally, it appears to me that it has the ability to be played in a manor that you are expecting to win money provided the other players at the table play such poor startegy, that the resulting house edge over their horrible playing strategy coupled with a dramtic bet raise when it is your turn to play banker will overwhelm the 3 dollar commission and the money you lose on the other hands you place small bets on when not playing banker so that you will be playing with a positive winning expectation.

http://wizardofodds.com/californiablackjack

EH?

Sandy Eggo

Have no idea as I've not played there. I'm sure others with more experience will be able to say something to this.

The reason behind this game is that that particular card room wasn't tribal owned/operated (as I understand it from one of my long time dealers who was LA based years ago). And to be able to have blackjack in CA, it had to be player-banked.

Hope this helps some?