vegas nightlife questions

A couple of friends and I are going to Vegas this weakend, and I have some questions. We will be gambling during the day and nightclub hopping at night.
I know what clubs we want to go to and can get "VIP passes" to all of them through a service online. How does this pass work? Is it a lot easier to get in this way, or will we still wait in a long line like everyone else? The pass is $120 for 20 different clubs (popular ones) and a lot of places you get a free drink too. Is there a VIP line and a general line at most clubs? Thanks for the help.

shadroch

Offhand, any pass you can buy for $120 that is supposed to get you into 30 clubs is almost definetly not worth the money.
$4 a person instead of the usual $30, a free drink and VIP status as well?
Watch out for stiplulations like good until 10 PM or only the first ten passes will be honored. Your free drink will be either soda or perhaps house wine
When I had my club in NYC, a few times a year some tourists would show up with a NYC NITELIFE PASS they'd bought on the internet for $99 and was supposed to get them free admission, free drinks and entrance to our VIP rooms. Our bouncers always got a chuckle out of sending them on their way.
There are legit passes to be found on the internet, but if it sounds too good to be true.....

This is a booklet with individual passes for each club. There are 20 passes all VIP and I guess only 5 or 6 u get buy one get one free on a cocktail. I looked at two other sites and the price for similar deals was the same. What I am worried about is that the regular line and VIP line are the same thing. All the passes are supposed to get you in without paying a cover. Anyone from Vegas got suggestions?

FLASH1296

I am skeptical that these "line passes" will be honored, except maybe at the less than very popular spots and on Sun - Wed. before 10:00 p.m.

nottooshabby

GAGE COUNTY,

I have never used these passes, but I am familiar with what they are, and from what I've heard they aren't effective at getting you in any faster than just standing in line . . . but if you do choose to use them, please let me know if this information is erroneous.

If you and your friends are going with several women (at least a 1:1 F:M ratio, a larger ratio would be even better, and the more attractive they are even better still) and present yourself as a group, then you will not spend much time in line, period. However, you'll still have to pay the cover charge.

If you're not going with women, maybe try to meet a few either during the day or while standing in line and suggest that you go in as a group, but by no means imply that you will also be hanging out with them the rest of the night; they just make it easier for us XY's to gain entry (I know, I know. . . easier said than done, huh? :rolleyes:) But a few of my buddies have actually been able to pull this off, which beats standing in line for what could be 2-3 hrs on a Friday or Saturday night (eating into your time at the tables!!)

Shadroch is right, many of these "passes" have time constraints for entry, and the free "drink" may be a Red Bull, at best.

Yes, at many clubs there are separate lines for VIP, usually for people who have reserved bottle service or are on the guest list. There are a few ways to get on the guest list, but one of the easiest is by contacting the VIP host at the particular club . . . you can find this info on http://www.JackColton.com, which is a pretty good website.

Other means to get inside faster if you're not on a tight budget include greasing the bouncer/doorman (anywhere from $20-$100 depending on the club) or just biting the bullet and reserving bottle service, which can be pricey, usually a 2 bottle minimum, more for larger groups, with bottles starting at around $300. But this ensures that you won't be waiting to get in, you can stay all night in a private booth, and have access to all areas of the club (some areas are closed off to the rest of the clubgoers). I don't suggest bottle service if you plan on hitting up a few clubs in one night.

I also don't know what to wish for more . . . that you have a great time at the clubs or draw great cards!! :cool: Hope this helps.

Last edited:

shadroch

Which site is offering these? I've a good bit of experiance with many Vegas sites. I may be able to offer more once I know who is offering it.

I have a vip pass to pure at ceasars palace i could send to you. Free admission before midnight. The place is very nice it has a few rooms the pussycat dolls do a show which as actually pretty damn good! and people are cool.

Also if you just walk along the strip around 8 there will be plenty of people willing to hand out passes into about 30 different clubs and events. Dont bother buying the pass

Thanks for the advice. I think we'll take our chances when we get there. I think I managed to get our names on some guest lists so maybe we won't have too long of a wait.

GAGE COUNTY said:
Thanks for the advice. I think we'll take our chances when we get there. I think I managed to get our names on some guest lists so maybe we won't have too long of a wait.
just send me an addrss and i can send it oput to you. Its just a little card

callipygian

standard toaster said:
if you just walk along the strip around 8 there will be plenty of people willing to hand out passes into about 30 different clubs and events. Dont bother buying the pass
... especially since the VIP passes are essentially worth $0. Waiting in the special "VIP" line is no better off than waiting in the normal line since the bouncers decide which line to advance. Only bottle service actually gets you in a VIP line (and in some places there will be a wait for bottle service as well).

nottooshabby said:
If you and your friends are going with several women (at least a 1:1 F:M ratio, a larger ratio would be even better, and the more attractive they are even better still) and present yourself as a group, then you will not spend much time in line, period. However, you'll still have to pay the cover charge.

Other means to get inside faster if you're not on a tight budget include greasing the bouncer/doorman (anywhere from $20-$100 depending on the club) or just biting the bullet and reserving bottle service, which can be pricey, usually a 2 bottle minimum, more for larger groups, with bottles starting at around $300. But this ensures that you won't be waiting to get in, you can stay all night in a private booth, and have access to all areas of the club (some areas are closed off to the rest of the clubgoers). I don't suggest bottle service if you plan on hitting up a few clubs in one night.
Listen to this man.

Incidentally, $100/person for bribing the bouncer is probably too high, unless you're really ugly or really underdressed. Usually $20-$30/person does the trick, even with a group of 12 guys at Pure on a Saturday night at midnight (we tried $100 - "not even close" - then $200 - "I don't think so" - and then just straight up asked how much it'd take to get us in and he said $300).

Bottle service is friggin' expensive, but the one benefit not mentioned is that you will not be short on female company if you have a table and booze. Of course, some decent chunk of that company are pros, but assuming you aren't the type of guy who usually has women crawling all over him, it's probably a unique experience.

shadroch

One good thing about Vegas clubs is that not everyone is all X'd out, like the NYC or Miami clubs. The music is more dance than trance, but the ratio of guys to girls often will get you wondering if you didn't accidently hit a "Boys Night" at the club.
These days, I pretty much skip them except for an occasional pass thru Pure or Studio 54 on a fight nite. Even Dre's legendary after-hours doesn't thrill me anymore. A few drinks at Hogs and Heifers or The Griffin is more my speed.