Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old December 14th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Executive Member

Default Btw

BTW is a thread designed for those unconnected, spontaneous thoughts not allowed in any other thread. So, you're talking about cream cheese and bagels and suddenly you get this idea about the World's Deadliest Catch, which you just saw on Fox News out of the corner of your eye. Go for it! This is one thread where you don't have to stay on theme. It's free form. Say whatever you like. A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. And, BTW, what do you think about these guys who go out king crabbing, which is an occupation with a 100% injury rate! Man, you couldn't get me to do that in a million years! Subfreezing weather, sometime forty foot waves, around the clock shifts...man! Maybe just once. Sort of a right of passage thing. If you survive, you get to go on living! This year they already have had eleven guys die in two shipwrecks. These guys live dangerously. Which brings me to our theme. Say whatever you want with no fear of getting off topic. It's the thing to do--but only here. lol
Old December 14th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Executive Member

Default The Madoff Ponzi Scheme

Isn't the worst part of this scheme unfolding now? I mean, when a Ponzi scheme is discovered, that means the end of it, right? The end of it means that everyone who was previously getting their appreciation and dividends suddenly find out their investment is worth zilch, or whatever is unspent by Madoff divided by all the investors proportionate to their amount of investment. The house of cards is falling as we speak! Theres a lot of pain out there, folks. But probably no little guys got hurt. These hedge funds require huge investments, which the man on the street cannot afford unless they band together for investment purposes. Let's hope there wasn't any of that.
Old December 14th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Executive Member

Default "Obiter dictum" (By the way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
BTW is a thread designed for those unconnected, spontaneous thoughts not allowed in any other thread. Say whatever you like. A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. And, BTW, what do you think about these guys who go out king crabbing, which is an occupation with a 100% injury rate! Man, you couldn't get me to do that in a million years! lol
Just wanted to Latin it up a little bit. You know, add a little classic culture to this venerable and erudite thread!
Wow! A STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS thread. Nice touch. Only thing wrong about it though, is that you know who is going to dominate a thread like this? yeah, you got it...The Zgenfurher!
Anyway, to conform to your guidelines, forget about those king crabs up there in the Arctic. Just head on down to the 7th Street Wharf and throw out you chicken neck and, if that's too wild for you, duck on into Hogate's or Flagship and keep the little woman happy.
Best wishes, Hanoi Jane
Old December 14th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Executive Member

Default dig on Sam Theard

you guys into historical American music will likely get a kick out of this.

http://soundpedia.com/music/YWxidW1f...ion=1173759679

Old December 14th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Executive Member

Default Btw

can i play?
Attached Images

Old December 14th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Executive Member

Default Stealth inflation?

What used to be a 5-quart pail of Kemps ice cream is now a 4.38-quart pail of Kemps ice cream. I consider it an insult to my intelligence that they think I wonít notice or care about this. Iíve switched to Cub Foods brand ice cream, which still comes in the 5-quart pails.
Old December 14th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canceler View Post
What used to be a 5-quart pail of Kemps ice cream is now a 4.38-quart pail of Kemps ice cream. I consider it an insult to my intelligence that they think I wonít notice or care about this. Iíve switched to Cub Foods brand ice cream, which still comes in the 5-quart pails.
good catch Canceler, that a little trick supermarkets and their suppliers have been pulling with a lot of stuff. a while back there was mention of this stealthy little tact in the news.
Old December 14th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Executive Member

Default spontaneous thought thread

I would like the thread to be more open to things that well anyway like you were saying about walking down the street. Which comes to mind ice cream pails and Sarah Palin but I lost my train of thought. I guess I could inprove where people may a common thought about whatever floated into, I don't want to get off subject though. blackchipjim
Old December 14th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj bob View Post
Just wanted to Latin it up a little bit. You know, add a little classic culture to this venerable and erudite thread!
Wow! A STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS thread. Nice touch. Only thing wrong about it though, is that you know who is going to dominate a thread like this? yeah, you got it...The Zgenfurher!
Anyway, to conform to your guidelines, forget about those king crabs up there in the Arctic. Just head on down to the 7th Street Wharf and throw out you chicken neck and, if that's too wild for you, duck on into Hogate's or Flagship and keep the little woman happy.
Best wishes, Hanoi Jane
yeah we are all just little insignificant particles drifting about here and there in the vastness of the grifter's Zenzone.
lol, i just thunk that up after watching Edge of the Universe on Natgeo.
Old December 14th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Executive Member

Default Cadbury Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagefr0g View Post
good catch Canceler, that a little trick supermarkets and their suppliers have been pulling with a lot of stuff. a while back there was mention of this stealthy little tact in the news.
Reminds me of a year or so back when the cadbury eggs apparently shrank.
"They haven't gotten smaller, you have gotten bigger."

Last edited by SleightOfHand; December 14th, 2008 at 02:11 PM.