Which game should yield better results?

shadroch

Each game is identical except for two things.
One is a $5 minimum, the other is $25 minimum.
First is H17, second is S17.
You bankroll will allow a 1-10 spread($5-$50) on first game, but only a 1-2 spread($25-$50) on the second.
Wonging is not an option.

Last edited:

sagefr0g

shadroch said:
You bankroll will allow a 1-10 spread($5-$50) on first game, but only a 1-2 spread($25-$50) on the second.
the H17 1-10 spread. the 1-2 s17 is a long term loser.

Kasi

shadroch said:
I don't quite get what you're asking either but I hope when figuring what your roll will allow you are not using that "100 max bet rule" that seems so popular around here.

I'm just taking a shot in the dark since your max is $50 in both cases.

All things being equal, your same $ roll can't "allow" both of these and keep your risk anywhere close to identical.

shadroch

I figure my max bet on whatever it is I'll feel comfortable having to lay out
8X of at any moment. Say I have $50 out, get and split 8s, get a 3 and DD on one, pull another 8, and so forth. Twice now, I've suddenly found myself with $500 in play on a single hand and thats more than I want to risk.So it's spread 1-2 on a better game or 1-10 on a weaker game. Because even a 1-4 spread on the $25 game gets me into my upper range with a simple 8-8-8 draw.
Just checking to see if my thinking was correct.

Kasi

shadroch said:
I figure my max bet on whatever it is I'll feel comfortable having to lay out
8X of at any moment. Say I have $50 out, get and split 8s, get a 3 and DD on one, pull another 8, and so forth. Twice now, I've suddenly found myself with $500 in play on a single hand and thats more than I want to risk.So it's spread 1-2 on a better game or 1-10 on a weaker game. Because even a 1-4 spread on the $25 game gets me into my upper range with a simple 8-8-8 draw.
Just checking to see if my thinking was correct.
I don't see the difference - if your max bet is $50 then when all that split-double stufff might happen you still have the same amount of money out.

So if you are comfortable with 8X of max bet out on any round, what's the difference?

I don't see how it could be more than $400 anyway even if splitting to 4 hands and doubling on each.

So now it's a 1-4 spread on a min $25 game? Just a second ago, I thought it was a 1-2 spread lol?

Or does this mean you consider your spread is really $5-$400 in the first case and $25-$400 in the second case?

I don't know - I guess I have trouble of figuring "max bet" out, whatever that may be, based on a "comfort" level whatever that is.

The point may be is, like you say, if you are going to be "uncomfortable
" spreading to 8X max bet occasionally, (very rarely btw), then choose a different roll or a different comfort level (to me this means risk) to begin with.

In my thinking "spreads" mean a min to max initial bet only. If my spread is $x-$50 in a re-splt to 4 hands with DAS then I already know that will happen occasionally. All that crap is taken into account in avg bet/round stuff just as it is when you double a $5 bet to $10. It's not like your min unit has changed becasue that happened or that your max $50 unit has changed just becasue you have to double a max bet.

But all that stuff is purely from a card-counting point of view. A guy like you who, maybe, relies alot on "comp" value may have a different viewpoint. My limited experience in that is they only rate you on your original initial bet anyway rather than your avg initial bet.

Like a few years back, I played some "All-IN holdem" table game (no longer exists) with a $25 min bet that had an avg initial bet of over 6X my min bet.
All they'd rate me for was a $25 bet even though my avg initial bet exceeded $150. That was another one of those occasions when, after seeing my "BS", I was welcome with open arms lol. Can't tell you how "lucky" they must have thought I was a few hours later lol. Or the grief I got from regular poker players like it was even remotely the same game lol.

sagefr0g

the s17 would make about $4.23/hr at 1-3 spread with the $25 unit long term sort of thing according to my cvcx sim. talkin six deck 75%pen.
ROR would go way up comparatively speaking to the 1-10 $5 unit h17 game.

bjcount

shadroch said:
Shadroch:
Heres the sim results for the two games you asked about.
Top is S17 $25min 1-2 spread
Btm is h17 $5min 1-10 spread
no wonging

Since your a NYer I used AC 8 decker at 6.5/8

BJC

Attachments

EasyRhino

Note that a double deck game is somewhat less likely to develop monster hands (splits and doubles), if that's a concern.

But that doesn't mean it's a good idea to play it with only a 1-2 spread.

sagefr0g

bjcount said:
Shadroch:
Heres the sim results for the two games you asked about.
Top is S17 $25min 1-2 spread
Btm is h17 $5min 1-10 spread
no wonging

Since your a NYer I used AC 8 decker at 6.5/8

BJC
that's strange. i get negative expectation for a six deck s17das game.
ran the same number of rounds as you. i think i had it set four players.
wonder what i screwed up.:confused:
what count was yours set to use? mine used hi/lo i18, i'm pretty sure. full deck resolution for TC.

Attachments

bjcount

I set it at 1 player for heads up... just ran a quick 3 player and still had + results. Try complete hilo, full indices instead of I18.
The 6.5/8d should also achieve better results then the 4.5/6d
BJC

edit: I had ls checked too.
edit2: your using cvcx, canned sim?, did you run a sim w/cvdata?

Last edited:

sagefr0g

bjcount said:
I set it at 1 player for heads up... just ran a quick 3 player and still had + results. Try complete hilo, full indices instead of I18.
The 6.5/8d should also achieve better results then the 4.5/6d
BJC

edit: I had ls checked too.
edit2: your using cvcx, canned sim?, did you run a sim w/cvdata?
ok, yeah when i put it on eight deck it did improve a bit. thats funny eight deck workin better than six in this case. thanks. and maybe the das factor made mine a bit more risky at the 1-2.
it was'nt a canned sim, just an old one i'd ran a while back. unfortunately i don't have cvdata yet.

bjcount

sagefr0g said:
ok, yeah when i put it on eight deck it did improve a bit. thats funny eight deck workin better than six in this case. thanks. and maybe the das factor made mine a bit more risky at the 1-2.
it was'nt a canned sim, just an old one i'd ran a while back. unfortunately i don't have cvdata yet.
I had das checked too....

Your seeing more cards percentage wise, thats why 8d was better..deeper pen. 4.5/6 = 75%
6.5/8=81.3%

Even just 4 cards in either direction of the cutoff 72cards vs 78 or 78 vs 84 in 6d makes a large difference.

BJC