Best system for 6Deck

Whats a good card counting system to use for a 6D, DAS, S17, NS pen 75%

I'm waiting on the books to arrive. Blackjack bluebook 2 and blackbelt in blackjack.

In the mean time I want to go ahead and start practice counting. I need to know what system to practice with, I dont want to learn the hi-low then try to relearn a different system and get all confuse. I want to set my mind on my system.

Is the Mentor the best for a 6D

Last edited:

Lonesome Gambler

I'm not in any respect an authority on the subject, but I think most people here will tell you—as they did in the other topic—that you should start with HiLo and then move up if you're too advanced for it. HiLo lends itself well to other systems, so if you master it and find that you are truly so advanced as to necessitate the use of a level-2 or 3 system, you'll have absolutely no problem adapting to it.

Most importantly, the tiny advantage you'll gain over an easy system like HiLo will be negated if a more advanced system causes you to make even "slight" occasional errors due to the complexity of the system.

I know you seem pretty bent on skipping over HiLo, but those are my $0.02, at least.

Kid

sneakykid said:

I'm waiting on the books to arrive. Blackjack bluebook 2 and blackbelt in blackjack.

In the mean time I want to go ahead and start practice counting. I need to know what system to practice with, I dont want to learn the hi-low then try to relearn a different system and get all confuse. I want to set my mind on my system.

I have said it before, the best Pro's, legends, I have known use Hi-Lo, some throw in a side count. I use hi-LOLO.

The best move you can REALLY make is to find a better game:eek:

Best to you,
CP

KOLAN

sneakykid said:

2- 4 deck best is
1. hi-op 2,
2.mentor
3.omega2
4-6 deck
1 zen
2 river
6-8
1 wong halves
2 uston:cat:

callipygian

creeping panther said:
The best move you can REALLY make is to find a better game:eek:
Seconding this advice. You're not going to beat this game without Wonging, so your best bet is to find a better game.

If you can Wong effectively at this game, then I suggest Hi-Lo.

how do you do a 1-8 spread?

If I should find another game that is better, what do you suggest? Why are you still playing blackjack if theres better games out there?

SD Padres

callipygian said:
Seconding this advice. You're not going to beat this game without Wonging, so your best bet is to find a better game.

If you can Wong effectively at this game, then I suggest Hi-Lo.
A 1-12 spread would easily beat this game.

Looks like I'm going to study ZEN

how do you get the true count on zen with 6D

I don't understand a spread of 1-12

1unit to 12 unit according to the count?

Thanks

Sonny

sneakykid said:
how do you get the true count on zen with 6D
If you’re using the balanced version of Zen then you should divide by the number of decks remaining. For example, if your running count is +10 and there are 5 decks remaining (1 deck dealt) then your true count would be +2. If your RC is +14 and there are 3 decks left then your TC would be about +4.5.

If you are using the unbalanced version of Zen then you don’t need to get the true count.

sneakykid said:
I don't understand a spread of 1-12

1unit to 12 unit according to the count?
Right. It might look something like this:

<+2 = 1 unit
+2 = 2 units
+3 = 4 units
+4 = 8 units
>+4 = 12 units

-Sonny-

thanks for the help

where do i get the info on the unbalance zen at?
I got the balance zen here..

http://www.qfit.com/cardcounting/Zen-Count/

I guess zen would be better than hi-low in a 6D?

So when you do these systems...do you still play with BS or do you use Index, i don't understand when people talk about index and leave a link and it looks diffferent from the BS :confused:

Sonny

sneakykid said:
where do i get the info on the unbalance zen at?
This thread has lots of information:

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=6996

sneakykid said:
So when you do these systems...do you still play with BS or do you use Index, i don't understand when people talk about index and leave a link and it looks diffferent from the BS :confused:
You will be playing BS most of the time but sometimes the count will tell you to play certain hands differently. Most people use at least 18-20 index plays. The most common ones are explained in the Frequently Asked Questions thread.

-Sonny-

Ic

Another question about true count...

RC +2
6D left
TC?

RC +3
6d left
TC?

RC +2
5d left
TC?

I understand where he comes to like if you got a RC +12 with 6d left you would be at +2...
+10 4d left TC is +2

so what if the first hand dealt and the count was +8 would you bet big next hand? or do you wait til the end of the shoe?

I figure if you got a +10 with like 2d left i would bet big. Im confuse at the beginning.

So dont matter on the Pen you still divide by 6d after first hand correct? dont divide by 4.5 about 75%pen?

Best Running, True and Non-Ace reckoned..

For six decks: In order of strength

Running
---------
Brh-1
UBZ11
USTON-SS
Brh-0
K-O
Red-7

True
------
Brh-1
UBZ11(unb)
Wong Halves
Zen
Brh-0(unb)
RPC
K-O(true)
Red-7(true)[Brh-0-lite]
Hi-Lo

Non-Ace Reckoned (with Ace-side count)
----------------------------------
Hi-Opt2 (balanced)
Brh-II (unbalanced)
Omega2(bal)

I wouldn't bother with non-ace reckoned in 6 decks, so I would recommend Brh-1 (running or true) if you mainly play shoes, or perhaps UBZ11(running or True) or Zen if you also play a lot of SD and DD.

Brett.

nightspirit

Brett_Harris said:

Running
---------
Brh-1
UBZ11
USTON-SS
Brh-0
K-O
Red-7

True
------
Brh-1
UBZ11(unb)
Wong Halves
Zen
Brh-0(unb)
RPC
K-O(true)
Red-7(true)[Brh-0-lite]
Hi-Lo

Hi-Opt2 (balanced)
Brh-II (unbalanced)
Omega2(bal)

I wouldn't bother with non-ace reckoned in 6 decks, so I would recommend Brh-1 (running or true) if you mainly play shoes, or perhaps UBZ11(running or True) or Zen if you also play a lot of SD and DD.

Brett.
Great to see you posting here Brett! Are your system reports still available somewhere?

Cherry7Up

Brett_Harris said:
Running
---------
Red-7

True
------
Red-7(true)[Brh-0-lite]
Brett, can you explain the difference between these two references to the Red-7 count? I am only familiar with the unbalanced Red-7 count (+1 low cards, -1 10 and A, +1 for red-suited 7s), but I enjoy using it and would appreciate information about this "true" Red-7 count.

Brett_Harris said:

Running
---------
Brh-1
UBZ11
USTON-SS
Brh-0
K-O
Red-7

True
------
Brh-1
UBZ11(unb)
Wong Halves
Zen
Brh-0(unb)
RPC
K-O(true)
Red-7(true)[Brh-0-lite]
Hi-Lo

Hi-Opt2 (balanced)
Brh-II (unbalanced)
Omega2(bal)

Brett.
What is Brh-1?