Foxwoods matchplay promo

johndoe

On a recent flyer they're promoting an hourly matchplay raffle, wherein one randomly-chosen (via card draw) "qualified" player per table wins a match play "up to" $100.

This might be a reasonable EV booster, but I'm unsure of what they really mean by "qualified" (they mention only that you have to have been there playing for 15 minutes pre-draw), and what "up to" $100 really means. (i.e. rough expected match play)

Anyone have experience with this promo? It's weekday only, so I'm reluctant to go unless it was a promising opportunity.

bjcount

johndoe said:
On a recent flyer they're promoting an hourly matchplay raffle, wherein one randomly-chosen (via card draw) "qualified" player per table wins a match play "up to" $100.

This might be a reasonable EV booster, but I'm unsure of what they really mean by "qualified" (they mention only that you have to have been there playing for 15 minutes pre-draw), and what "up to" $100 really means. (i.e. rough expected match play)

Anyone have experience with this promo? It's weekday only, so I'm reluctant to go unless it was a promising opportunity.
If it is like the one they had in December, you had to be at one table for 15 minutes prior to the "contest" along with a minimum of 2 other "qualifying" players at your table.
The PB would bring over these large oversize cards and hand one out to each player, some PB's would let you pick one yourself. The one who drew the largest card value won the matchplay. It was only once per hour.
If I recall correctly a $50 mp was won at a $25 table.

BJC

edit: this was at MGM @ FW

Last edited:

bjcount

SleightOfHand said:
I played at MGM a few times during the last promo, and I was getting $25 MPs at the $10 mins.
I saw that myself too. The $50 I won playing at a $25min. The guy next to me won $25 at a $10min or maybe it was a $15min. I guess to win a $100 MP you need to be in their HL room playing $50min, but it's not often that there are 3 or more players at one table except for weekends. They just don't hand them out if your playing heads up in HL.

BJC