How to work out ROR - Help PLease

celadore

Hi,

Am looking to up my bets to the next level and would appreciate some help on working out my RoR.

System: Hi-Lo
6 Deck, S17, DAS, EarlySurrender
Penetration: 75%
Bankroll: $10,000
Betting system:
TC -2: Wong Out (or $5)
TC 0: $5
TC 1: $20
TC 2: 2*$50
TC 3: 2*$50
TC 4: 2*$100
TC 5: 2*$100
TC 6+: 2*$150
E.V. $15 per 100 hands

Thanks

mjbballar23

re

I assume you mean late surrender. Also assuming you wong out at negative counts i get a win rate of $55 per 100 hands and a risk of ruin of 4.3% with a 10k bankroll.

Source: CVCX simulation software

celadore

SuperSweet! Thanks. (I did have a dealer who cut 1 deck once, but the pit boss stopped him on the next shoe ;)).

Are those win/loss percentages accurate for a 75% pen too? I have been working my calcs off 0.5% change in advantage for every 1 change in true count, but the stats above say it is more. Correct?

PrinceDragon

I have been working my calcs off 0.5% change in advantage for every 1 change in true count, but the stats above say it is more. Correct?
That's the POWER of LS:grin:

Adv will be around 2%,for 75% pen(because you are spreading 1-40:eek:)
But practically,it will be a bit lower in the real world play,since most likely you will play some hands in the twi-light zone.

P.D.

Last edited:

Sonny

celadore said:
Yes, Late surrender - (No surrender allowed on A).
Is it late surrender or early surrender against 2-10? If you cannot surrender at all against an ace then it might be early surrender.

-Sonny-

SD Padres

celadore said:
Hi,

Am looking to up my bets to the next level and would appreciate some help on working out my RoR.

Betting system:
E.V. $15 per 100 hands

Thanks
Are you able to get away with that spread without drawing any heat?

celadore

Sonny said:
Is it late surrender or early surrender against 2-10? If you cannot surrender at all against an ace then it might be early surrender.

-Sonny-
Dealer gets one card on deal. You can surrender any two cards against the dealer BEFORE taking a card yourself, except if the dealer is showing an A. I thought this was early surrender, but when I looked up the definitions for early and late surrender, I got confused.

Are there any surrender indices I should be aware of? Am still splitting 8's against a 10 at any count and this doesn't seem right.

celadore

SD Padres said:
Are you able to get away with that spread without drawing any heat?
Yes, have already thrown down some pretty heavy cover and convinced pit bosses i'm a degenerate gambler. But since the actual EV is much higher then I was expecting, have decided to reduce max bets to 2*$100 and TC 4+5 to 2*$75. Spread is about 1:27.

Last edited:

SD Padres

celadore said:
Yes, have already thrown down some pretty heavy cover and convinced pit bosses i'm a degenerate gambler. But since the actual EV is much higher then I was expecting, have decided to reduce max bets to 2*$100 and TC 4+5 to 2*$75. Spread is about 1:27.
Wow...that's amazing. That's why having an act and getting away with crazy spreads is so profitable. Makes up for less than desired rules and pen. Keep it up!!! :)

Sonny

celadore said:
Dealer gets one card on deal. You can surrender any two cards against the dealer BEFORE taking a card yourself, except if the dealer is showing an A. I thought this was early surrender, but when I looked up the definitions for early and late surrender, I got confused.
You were right, this is early surrender because you can surrender before the dealer checks for a BJ.

celadore said:
Are there any surrender indices I should be aware of? Am still splitting 8's against a 10 at any count and this doesn't seem right.
BS says to surrender 8,8 vs. 10. There are indices for surrender but I don't have any handy for early surrender.

-Sonny-

Kasi

celadore said:

Sounds like, like Sonny said, it's early surrender 2-10.

Yes, there are indexes for early and late surrender.

If a BS player would late surrender, then, of course, he would also early surrender. The reverse is not true.

Hopefully you are probably surrendering 14's vs 10 as a BS player?

The best way to get your ROR is to invest a 100 or so of those 2060 units you are ahead in a sim and learn how to make it do what you want it to.

celadore

I am now, yes.
I was previously using the late surrender chart, now am using the early surrender chart. Against a 10 I surrender, 14, 15, 16. 2*7 and 2*8. I also surrender a 16 against a 9. That's it.

However, this is basic strategy and not indices. I have yet to see indices for surrendering. Like, when do I surrender a 15 against a 9? etc.

KOLAN

celadore said:
Hi,

Betting system:
E.V. $15 per 100 hands

Thanks
to play save 5-150 spread , you nid bank rool $ 4500

Kasi

celadore said:
However, this is basic strategy and not indices. I have yet to see indices for surrendering. Like, when do I surrender a 15 against a 9? etc.
I don't think indexes would change vs a dealer 7,8 or 9 for early or late surrender?

Only vs the dealer 10, I'd think? Since the Ace doesn't apparently matter.

They exist. ES vs 10 indexes can be much different than LS indexes vs 10. If you want to know, best thing, I'd say, is invest in software or books.

At some point, now that you may actually be playing correct BS, and worrying alot about indexes, who knows, you may actually worry about betting too. Software will tell you that, allow you to practice at a high rate of speed until you're confident, and even help you measure your results after you play.