Remember the shoe (or shuffle) from hell?

nottooshabby

Oftentimes I forget about the real nice sessions I've had but find that it's those horrible shoes (or shuffles in pitch games) that are really quite vivid.

Recently I had a shuffle in a SD game that I don't think I'll ever forget, and it happened in the midst of a ball-busting session that took only 25 minutes to relieve me of my session bankroll. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact sequence in which these hands occurred, but you'll get the gist . . .

The dealer drew three naturals, this in a game where only four naturals are possible! On another hand, I drew a T-T, and breathed a small sigh of relief when I saw the dealer had a 7 up. But things were going so bad that when the dealer turned over another 7 I literally said to myself "Okay if he draws a 6 at least I'll push . . . no way he gets the SD 7-7-7" . . . you guessed it, he drew a third 7. The feeling in the pit of my stomach was like when you've been drinking too much, the moment right before you lose your lunch. I busted two stiffs and lost the other (pat, but not pat enough) hand to go a clean 0 for 7 in that shuffle. But it was just the ferocity with with my clock was cleaned that sticks out in my mind.

Anyone else remember the shoe (or shuffle) from hell?

Last edited:
nottooshabby said:
Oftentimes I forget about the real nice sessions I've had but find that it's those horrible shoes (or shuffles in pitch games) that are really quite vivid.

Recently I had a shuffle in a SD game that I don't think I'll ever forget, and it happened in the midst of a ball-busting session that took only 25 minutes to relieve me of my session bankroll. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact sequence in which these hands occurred, but you'll get the gist . . .

The dealer drew three naturals, this in a game where only four naturals are possible! On another hand, I drew a T-T, and breathed a small sight of relief when I saw the dealer had a 7 up. But things were going so bad that when the dealer turned over another 7 I literally said to myself "Okay if he draws a 6 at least I'll push . . . no way he gets the SD 7-7-7" . . . you guessed it, he drew the third 7. The feeling in the pit of my stomach was like when you've been drinking too much, the moment right before you lose your lunch. I busted two stiffs and lost the other (pat, but not pat enough) hand to go a clean 0 for 7 in that shuffle. But it was just the ferocity with with my clock was cleaned that sticks out in my mind.

Anyone else remember the shoe (or shuffle) from hell?

Its only natural that a player remembers the bad hands as the good ones slowly disapear.

I can remember one shoe... it was insane and I will never forget it either.

It was going ok for a few rounds until I got 77 vs dealer 5 so i split and get another 7 split and get the 4th 7 then i get 4's on 2 of them and double both and on both get 17 urg. The other two hands pair up with a face card so I now have 4 17's dealer 5 he flips the hole card and gets of course a 6. That was a nice big loss. The funny part is the exact same thing happened the very next hand! when i say exact i mean exact! the very next hand i split to 3 hands of 7 win one and lose the other 2. That was the shoe from hell

sagefr0g

i was in a really nice joint and got six deck table with good rules and good pen all to myself. and the shoe went positive and just kept getting more and more positive. i think i lost every hand but two and i know i lost my session bankroll. :(

ahhh i had the same situation.

but instead i was at a $25 table, dealer showed a 6, and i split 4 4 ways. 2 drawing to 10, and 2 drawing to 11. of course i double down and i hit 19's and 20's

dealer flips a 3, ace, 2, 4 and 6 to get a 21.

but it wasn't so bad that day. because i was up more than i lost in that play. but that round of cards is forever etched in my brain