First time at the boats

Sup fellas,

I been practicing for couple weeks...

Been doing zen for 6d, 75%pen, s17, DAS etc

Last week i won 500, Today I lost 300 but it wasnt too bad to me...i just have a money management problem. is there any thing good i need to read about money management?

there was a good shoe but i messed up on betting. First 3 hands with like 4 people total including dealer i had a RC of +26 with like 2d dealt...it was going good but i kept raising my bets...instead of playing like 6.5 units i was playing more so i ended up breaking even on that shoe.

there was a lot of shoes where the count was pretty high but i didnt manage to win. I guess thats why you have to have a high bankroll for the ups and downs...

I didn't have trouble counting all the cards, had trouble with betting...

I lost 300 in 7hrs not too bad i guess i got tired so i left, i had more money but was tired

So when you guys say you got a bankroll of 10k do you guys play til you lose 10k or how do you guys do it? do you guys stay at the same table til the shoe is hot?

Last edited:
sneakykid said:
Sup fellas,

Last week i won 500, Today I lost 300 but it wasnt too bad to me...i just have a money management problem. is there any thing good i need to read about money management?

there was a good shoe but i messed up on betting. First 3 hands with like 4 people total including dealer i had a RC of +26 with like 2d dealt...it was going good but i kept raising my bets...instead of playing like 6.5 units i was playing more so i ended up breaking even on that shoe.

there was a lot of shoes where the count was pretty high but i didnt manage to win. I guess thats why you have to have a high bankroll for the ups and downs...

I lost 300 in 7hrs not too bad i guess i got tired so i left, i had more money but was tired

So when you guys say you got a bankroll of 10k do you guys play til you lose 10k or how do you guys do it? do you guys stay at the same table til the shoe is hot?

The best thing to do is backcount a table and jump in when the shoe is at a tc in the + count. There is not really money management in counting instead think of time management. If you have the advantage you want to play longer regardless of the variance you encounter.

Id also suggest practicing more than a couple of weeks before really having a go at it. Its possible but i doubt 1 out of 10,000 could be proficient in a small ammount of time.

standard toaster said:
The best thing to do is backcount a table and jump in when the shoe is at a tc in the + count. There is not really money management in counting instead think of time management. If you have the advantage you want to play longer regardless of the variance you encounter.

Id also suggest practicing more than a couple of weeks before really having a go at it. Its possible but i doubt 1 out of 10,000 could be proficient in a small ammount of time.

so any tc in the + count is good? what if true count is only +1 , +2?

I notice some shoe it started off like rc -16 should i get up at that point?

sneakykid said:
so any tc in the + count is good? what if true count is only +1 , +2?

I notice some shoe it started off like rc -16 should i get up at that point?
Yes def get out of there at a negative count. Most people will agree on a true count of -2. As for jumping into the game i would suggest +2 or even +1

standard toaster said:
Yes def get out of there at a negative count. Most people will agree on a true count of -2. As for jumping into the game i would suggest +2 or even +1
so if it was rc -16 for the first hand, so tc would be around -2?
so if the TC is -2 or higher i should get up or stop playing?

With a tc of +1 is good enough to raise bet or if backcounting to wong in?

I don't really like to wong because people start bit*hing lol

I just dont know whats a good count

sneakykid said:

I personally wong in at a count of +2 but wonging in at +1 is acceptable to if you are impatient
really dont let other people get to you. Your mission is to be an ap not a gambler. They have their sacred flow of the cards and superstition and you have math and science. If they start bitching make up a story dont say anything or personally i just like to mess with people and make little jokes. Sometimes they will leave if they are that supersticious and leave the + count all for you

21forme

sneakykid said:

-16 after one hand? What system are you using? If HiLo, that would mean 7 players at the table and the dealer all have 20 or 21!

Regarding the TC, it would be -2 if it's an 8 deck shoe.

Brock Windsor

sneakykid said:
Sup fellas,

Learn to bet according to your advantage. Search 'kelly criterion' in this forum. Snyder has a good example for a 1/2kelly 10k bankroll in Blackbelt in Blackjack. If you over bet more than double your advantage based on the size of your bankroll, you will go broke.
-BW

standard toaster said:
I personally wong in at a count of +2 but wonging in at +1 is acceptable to if you are impatient
really dont let other people get to you. Your mission is to be an ap not a gambler. They have their sacred flow of the cards and superstition and you have math and science. If they start bitching make up a story dont say anything or personally i just like to mess with people and make little jokes. Sometimes they will leave if they are that supersticious and leave the + count all for you
+2 i guess your talking about TC.

Yeah true I have to get to the point where I can't let people bother me. Since I have a small BR I should wong.

Man I didn't know i should get up if the count was -16 or whatever first hand, I figure it was go back + but now that I think about it, the shoe would be over.

21forme said:
-16 after one hand? What system are you using? If HiLo, that would mean 7 players at the table and the dealer all have 20 or 21!

Regarding the TC, it would be -2 if it's an 8 deck shoe.
I said i was doing zen...

Brock Windsor said:
Learn to bet according to your advantage. Search 'kelly criterion' in this forum. Snyder has a good example for a 1/2kelly 10k bankroll in Blackbelt in Blackjack. If you over bet more than double your advantage based on the size of your bankroll, you will go broke.
-BW
according to my advantage as the TC?

I guess I can bet like...if the TC was +6 bet 5-6 units?

Whats a good spread? 1-12?
How would that work

Sonny

sneakykid said:
is there any thing good i need to read about money management?
Money management is one of the most important factors. Even a great player can lose his advantage if he isn’t betting properly. Pretty much any book you read will give you advice on how to bet with the count. There are some good book suggestions in the FAQ thread. You can also read the Gamemaster’s BJ School articles in the Free Resources thread to learn the basics.

-Sonny-