excellent day!

ohbehave

+63 units today at 2 properties for a total of less than 2 hours. It was essentially all in just 2 amazing shoes where the count soared and stayed high for some time. The big hands were plenty and the dealer was busting often... 2 textbook sessions. This win was sorely needed after a few severe hits to the bankroll recently. My enthusiasm was at a very low point but now I have renewed confidence.

FLASH1296

The Roller Coaster Ride of B J

Get used to it.

It is built into the game.

We call it high variance.

The extreme bankroll swings are part & parcel of the "Roller Coaster Ride" of B J

In January i won impressive sums, with hardly a losing session.

In February I have been virtually hemorrhaging money, scarcely finding any winning sessions at all.

EasyRhino

ohbehave said:
2 textbook sessions.
Well, "text" book is more like when you hit a rocket of a count in a shoe game, start playing two hands, and pretty much break even on every round, EXCEPT for one, where maybe you lose one hand, but aget a blackjack on another. Thus putting you ahead 0.5 of a big bet for the shoe, which hopefully outweighs losses from minimum flat bets in negative counts.

But that's not as sexy.

PrinceDragon

The extreme bankroll swings are part & parcel of the "Roller Coaster Ride" of B J
Speaking of Roller Coaster Ride of BJ,I've won 14 straight sessions,and 19 out of 20 at the end of 08.

Nowaday,I can't even BUY a win.Keep winning the small bets and lost the max:mad:

P.D.

bjcount

FLASH1296 said:

In January i won impressive sums, with hardly a losing session.

In February I have been virtually hemorrhaging money, scarcely finding any winning sessions at all.
Hey Flash
Are you following me around?
I have had similar results with this past weekend being the first loser all year. A real arse kicker.
Playing 127hrs before last weekend I was up a beautiful 479 units.
Now I'm up a measly :) 337units after a total of 151hrs.

Just couldn't get a break all weekend even with some super high counts. Seemed to lose nearly every single Double, splits, & resplits.

BJC

Last edited:

celadore

bjcount said:
Hey Flash
Are you following me around?
I have had similar results with this past weekend being the first loser all year. A real arse kicker.
Playing 127hrs before last weekend I was up a beautiful 479 units.
Now I'm up a measly :) 337units after a total of 151hrs.
Just couldn't get a break all weekend even with some super high counts. Seemed to lose nearly every single Double, splits, & resplits.
BJC
Lol, similiar story for me. Unbelievable January (best month ever), then got my ass kicked in two big sessions early Feb. Just up a little for 2009. Can you say conspiracy theory? lol.

DonR

PrinceDragon said:
Speaking of Roller Coaster Ride of BJ,I've won 14 straight sessions,and 19 out of 20 at the end of 08.

Nowaday,I can't even BUY a win.Keep winning the small bets and lost the max:mad:

P.D.
Yup, unfortunately, that's the way it goes very often.

I had 9 winning sessions in a row, and felt good about it, but then 4 really bad sessions came, which pretty much annhilated the winning ones and then some more. Not easy...not easy at all (like I didn't know it :()

jimbiggs

Wow. After reading the posts about February, I'm glad I haven't played yet in February. I'm gonna wait until everyone's slump is over. ;)

rollem411

If it weren't for a poker tournament win the other day, I would have been down 60 units. Luckily I used the winnings of that tourney to play more BJ and only be down 15 units. What a real ride that day was.