Uston APC

Hello. I'm new in card counting and i have question.. :confused:
How to use Uston APC couting system in 1 deck game ?
I mean what count must be to bet more and what to bet less?
Sorry 4 my bad English and thank you :grin:

FLASH1296

Uston APC is NOT recommended.

It is too difficult as it is a level 3 count and is not superior to what I mention below.

If you want to play a Single Deck game, first be sure that you are getting 3 to 2 payoffs on your blackjacks.

The best count to use is Hi-Opt II.

I suggest picking up a copy of "Blackjack for Blood" and learning the Advanced Omega II.

FLASH1296 said:
Uston APC is NOT recommended.

It is too difficult as it is a level 3 count and is not superior to what I mention below.

If you want to play a Single Deck game, first be sure that you are getting 3 to 2 payoffs on your blackjacks.

The best count to use is Hi-Opt II.

I suggest picking up a copy of "Blackjack for Blood" and learning the Advanced Omega II.
Ok if use Hi-Opt what in what count i should bet more ?

FLASH1296

Advice

The elementary questions that you have posed indicate that you are at least 6 months away from putting your money at risk.

Assuming H17 D10,11 NDAS 50% dealt heads-up Single Deck may be profitably played as follows with "Hi-Opt I"
With Hi-Opt II you can follow the same plan. Both Counts REQUIRE side-counted Aces.
Hi-Opt II is the best count in existence for a single decker, but as a beginner Hi-Opt I is a better choice.
The best course in the use of Hi-Opt I is found in "The World's Best Blackjack Book" by Cooper & Humble

Here is a link to where you can buy a used copy for less than a dollar:

http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Worlds-Greatest-Blackjack-Book_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ1591787

Bet 2 units off the top.
Bet 1 unit if the count becomes -1 or worse.
Otherwise continue at 2 units.
Bet 4 units at all True Count of +1 or above.

Betting 2 units off the top with a MAX bet of 4 units often has the pit look at you AS IF you are spreading just 2-1 which is acceptable in a Single Decker.

Spreading wider than 3 or 4 to 1 will get you quickly backed-off.
This "spread" (or "betting ramp") will not earn much but it will earn more than enough for a beginner.

If you used a stronger count, as I suggested, you would be able to earn more and keep to a 3-1 spread, instead of 4-1, which will be safer.

Of course you have learned the special Basic Strategy for the H17 Single Deck game, haven't you?

Of course you have practiced counting down a single deck in under 30 seconds with 99% accuracy, haven't you?

Of course you have a sufficient bankroll for the game that you are intending to play?

Please provide us with the location of the game if you want yet more accurate advice.

Last edited:

QFIT

Hi-Opt II doesn't "require" an Ace side-count. Works quite well without it. Of course like all Ace-neutral strats, it works better with it.

FLASH1296

Unless you want a betting correlation of just .91 and are willing to forego the benefits
specific to Basic Strategy departures for double-down, Insurance, and splitting plays.

I M H O, The Ace side-count is far too much to eschew.

If Side-Counting just four Aces is too hard then I suggest the ZEN Count, balanced or unbalanced.

moo321

QFIT said:
Hi-Opt II doesn't "require" an Ace side-count. Works quite well without it. Of course like all Ace-neutral strats, it works better with it.
If you're not gonna side count aces, you're better off playing hi-lo.

QFIT

FLASH1296 said:

Unless you want a betting correlation of just .91 and are willing to forego the benefits
specific to Basic Strategy departures for double-down, Insurance, and splitting plays.

I M H O, The Ace side-count is far too much to eschew.

If Side-Counting just four Aces is too hard then I suggest the ZEN Count, balanced or unbalanced.

You are not losing the value of BS departures. The point is that while Hi-Opt II without a side-count is not as good as with -- it still beats HiLo. See http://www.card-counting.com/cvcxonlineviewer.htm

moo321

QFIT said:
You are not losing the value of BS departures. The point is that while Hi-Opt II without a side-count is not as good as with -- it still beats HiLo. See http://www.card-counting.com/cvcxonlineviewer.htm
I'm not getting those same numbers. The link says Hi-Lo with IL18 is better for a 6 decker than Hi-Opt 2 without an ace side count.

Doesn't make any sense to me that an ace-neutral count would outperform ace rendered counts in any shoe game. Probably not even in double deck.