ya gotta laugh!!

kewljason

Was playing at wynn this morning with one other player. Dealer kept hitting his 15's and 16's with 4's and 5's rather than breaking (what else is new). The good news is count was high, so I play 2 spots of my max bet ($200). I get soft 19 and hard 19 vs dealer 5. Double on soft 19, pulling 10, stay on hard 19. Guys next to me hits his 13 saying since the dealer refuses to break you have to try to beat him. whatever!?!? He draws 7 for 20. dealer turns over a jack and pulls 5 for 20. Guy exclaims "see I just saved myself 25 bucks" Brillant move I acknowlege, laughing. (what else are you going to do, can either laugh or cry)

Next two rounds I'm dealt 2 BJ's and two double downs of which I win one and push one with my max bets out. :) dealer smiles at me and says "maybe he changed the cards for you". NONSENSE, I think to myself, but I say. "yes maybe he did" :laugh: gotta love this game. win or lose it's usually entertaining.

Pelerus

In my still relatively short time playing blackjack, I've learned to accept most of the significant "distractions" that recur for us regarding interactions with others.

Player standing on soft 15? No problem.
Chinese cousins fiercely debating the nature of the omens for several minutes before deciding to actually, yes, HIT that 13 versus a ten? More power to them.
Drunkard from Texas describing to me in sputtering detail the intricacies of his concrete pouring convention? I wasn't going anywhere anyhow.

BUT... Dealer telling me for the THIRD time that surrender is a "sucker play" while proceeding to draw a card that would have made my hand each and every time? Priceless. :cry: