single deck

ohbehave

Ok I know SD is bad because of the 6:5 payout for BJ.

In a billion round sim no matter what spread I use I can't beat the game because of the poor payout on BJs. E.g. the ev is about $26 per 100 rounds (with 3:2 BJs) but with an avg bet of $35 one gives up $52.5 per 100 rounds on the 6:5 payout for a net of -$17.50 per 100 rounds.

But, in practice rounds, I'm crushing this game like nobody's business with only a 3x spread. I never beat the game this bad when I practice 6D or 2D. Even though the practice software doesn't allow 6:5 payouts I've monitored the BJs and taking into consideration the lower payoff I'd still be crushing the game.

Just freak variance or what??

ohbehave said:
Ok I know SD is bad because of the 6:5 payout for BJ.

In a billion round sim no matter what spread I use I can't beat the game because of the poor payout on BJs. E.g. the ev is about $26 per 100 rounds (with 3:2 BJs) but with an avg bet of $35 one gives up $52.5 per 100 rounds on the 6:5 payout for a net of -$17.50 per 100 rounds.

But, in practice rounds, I'm crushing this game like nobody's business with only a 3x spread. I never beat the game this bad when I practice 6D or 2D. Even though the practice software doesn't allow 6:5 payouts I've monitored the BJs and taking into consideration the lower payoff I'd still be crushing the game.

Just freak variance or what??
Who told you SD is bad?

Any game with a 6:5 payout is bad, but why would you be playing those at all?

ohbehave

Automatic Monkey said:
Who told you SD is bad?

Any game with a 6:5 payout is bad, but why would you be playing those at all?
Its just that the only game I've seen with a 6:5 payout is SD and all the SD I've ever seen is 6:5. People talk about 3:2 SD but I've never seen it.

But I'm not playing it... was just playing some computer practice and even though I know its just variance have been killing it unlike at 6D. At times I have had similar runs at DD in practice but the spread has to be around 6:1 to get the same kind of results.

ohbehave

callipygian said:
How many practice rounds are you playing?
Only just a few hundred so far, 2 players... myself and 1 BS flat bettor. But I'm sure after a while the losses from BJs will add up to reduce any winnings.... in addition to neg variance thats bound to come.

ohbehave said:
Its just that the only game I've seen with a 6:5 payout is SD and all the SD I've ever seen is 6:5. People talk about 3:2 SD but I've never seen it.

But I'm not playing it... was just playing some computer practice and even though I know its just variance have been killing it unlike at 6D. At times I have had similar runs at DD in practice but the spread has to be around 6:1 to get the same kind of results.
Most full pay SD is in northern Nevada, and there is some in Tunica, and the rest of the games are spread out across the US. Do not deceive yourself, you cannot beat 6:5 BJ with normal techniques.

moo321

Automatic Monkey said:
Most full pay SD is in northern Nevada, and there is some in Tunica, and the rest of the games are spread out across the US. Do not deceive yourself, you cannot beat 6:5 BJ with normal techniques.
Well... you CAN beat it, but you're way better off in crappy 8 deck games.

Mimosine

Automatic Monkey said:
Do not deceive yourself, you cannot beat 6:5 BJ with normal techniques.
A 1-12 spread in 6:5 isn't normal either :rolleyes:

or is 1-20 required?

or is it wong in with 20u bet at TC +2 and wong out below? :)