Hi-Lo Indices

stophon

Snyder says in his book that rounding indices has virtually no effect on your overall win/loss. Is this generally an accepted fact?

And if so, for all of you who play hi-lo, have you memorized the rounded indices or the regular ones?

Also, does anybody have the stats on how much indices help you in a shoe game, ie how much advantage do you lose by using none at all and only spreading your bet?

Last edited:

vingtetun

stophon said:
Snyder says in his book that rounding indices has virtually no effect on your overall win/loss. Is this generally an accepted fact?

I round slightly but I'll let someone else answer this.

stophon said:
And if so, for all of you who play hi-lo, have you memorized the rounded indices or the regular ones?
Mostly I use rounded but not exactly hi lo lite.

stophon said:
Also, does anybody have the stats on how much indices help you in a shoe game, ie how much advantage do you lose by using none at all and only spreading your bet?
six deck, about .2, eight deck, about .15 or so

Last edited by a moderator:

stophon

Another question.

I heard that basic strategy and indices were determined by simulation, not by algorithms and equations, is this true?

PrinceDragon

stophon said:
Another question.

I heard that basic strategy and indices were determined by simulation, not by algorithms and equations, is this true?
Basic Strategy was calculated by hand in the 1950's(Four Horsemen)

I don't know if indices can be done that way,but mine are from simulations.

P.D.