Bet spread help

Northern Nevada single deck, DOA, nDAS, Aces one card (no re-split), H17. Usually deep pen. no heat worries. Play all. BR 10K replenishable. HiLo Ill18.
<0 5
0 10
1 2x15
2 2x35
3 2x60
4 2x80
5 2x100

Am I overbetting? underbetting?

Thanks, SSSSSStretch

callipygian

Stretch said:
Northern Nevada single deck, DOA, nDAS, Aces one card (no re-split), H17. Usually deep pen. no heat worries. Play all. BR 10K replenishable. HiLo Ill18.
<0 5
0 10
1 2x15
2 2x35
3 2x60
4 2x80
5 2x100

I don't play single deck at all, but I'm sure you're going to get comments about spreading 1:40 on SD games - if I recall correctly, most people advocate a 1:4 spread.

Then again, if you truly have "no heat worries" - like you're sleeping with the pit boss or something - maybe that'd be different.

kewljason

Stretch said:
<0 5
0 10
1 2x15
2 2x35
3 2x60
4 2x80
5 2x100

Thanks, SSSSSStretch
is this a 6/5 game? even so, hard to imagine "no heat worries" with a 40-1 spread. sounds like you have located paradise.

bj bob

Stretch said:
<0 5
0 10
1 2x15
2 2x35
3 2x60
4 2x80
5 2x100

Thanks, SSSSSStretch
You gotta be kidding me! :eek: You're certainly not going to have a very long BJ career with that action.
The first thing you have to ascertain is your BR. If you want your max bet to be $200, then go backwards and calculate your min bet @ 1:4 which would be $50. Many of the smaller houses in Reno/ Sparks will take notice of black action, so your session should be kept short. With a $200 max bet your BR should be at least 20K. If you don't have that kind of dough then you're as good as dead.
The bet ramp you have listed is so artificial that any PB with a double digit I.Q. couldn't help but notice.
Moreover, how can you realistically implement a 6 level betting ramp in a SD game? By the time you are ready to max bet the deck is shuffled.
The only reason that you are still playing implies that you are playing at a very weak level. Even with a 6/5 payout I think your lifespan is short.
Tell us what count you are using and we may be able to provide a more reasonable plan of attack.

PrinceDragon

Stretch said:
<0 5
0 10
1 2x15
2 2x35
3 2x60
4 2x80
5 2x100
Overbetting with 10k.And you'll be back off in less than 10 mins

Kasi

Stretch said:
<0 5
0 10
1 2x15
2 2x35
3 2x60
4 2x80
5 2x100
Oh, heck, since the $10K is replenishable after all, maybe use $200 from some of your replenishable roll and buy a couple sims. CVCX and CVDATA come to mind. Go from there as to what you consider over or under-betting a who-knows-how-often replenishable $10K roll.

It may ultimately prove to be the best way to SSSSSStretch your $roll.

Or, you know, another alternative, actually just play a few thousand hands, or even a lifetime, wondering whether you are "over" or "under-betting" with what you suggest.

Worst case is, if you blow the $200 now, you maybe only lose $9800 of your $10K but yet you still have some software to figure out what went wrong and what to do with the replenishable part.

thanks, so far

I'm playing a 3:2 game. I'm a regular. Yes, I'm in heaven. My cover is my own business.

Suggestions on an optimal spread? I don't have heat. 20 min to 5 hr sessions, several times a week.

SSSSStretchh

BJ Bob - I listed HiLo, but I am actually using silver fox, Level 1 count, same as HiLo but the 9 (-1) and 7 (+1) are accounted for.
Kasi - Downloading a sim is very problematic both at work and at home.

Last edited:
Its even better...

Heat shield intact.

I can spread with immunity. How do I best utilize the opportunity (bet spread). I can go to three hands if necessary.

Usually heads up. Sometimes very deep pen. I have had the dealer run out of cards heads up (embarrassing for the dealer).

Help. SSSStretchhh

Thanks for the seven replies,

but no one has has suggested a better betting spread than my initial offering.

My cover does not involve or influence my bet spread. What spread is optimum for single deck, 10K BR? Yes, i can bet $5 on one hand and 3 hands of $200 on the next if that is optimum. What is optimum???

SSSSSSSSSStretchhhhh

Sonny

Here you go:

<+1= $5
+1 = $10
+2 = $25
+3 = No such thing
+4 = $150
>+4= $200

EV= $74/hour
SD= 181 units/hour

With a $10k bankroll you have a RoR of about 6%. You could do better by spreading to multiple hands but that is covered in other threads. The bet ramp above should get you started. Let us know how it goes.

-Sonny-

? on +3

Why no +3?

If after one hand, 6,2,4, 6,..X,8 (push) isn't that a +3? Not enough cards gone to change the RC to a TC, or it would round to a +3 anyway.

Thanks for the help,

SSSStretchhh

So Sonny,

If I spread to two hands, my spread could be:
0< 5
1 10
2 2x15
3 2x50
4 2x75
>4 2x125

and maintain the 6% RoR?

or:
0< 5
1 10
2 2x15
3 2x40
4 2x65
>4 2x100

and reduce the RoR? AND NOT BE OVERBETTING FOR 10K BR?

Thanks, SSSStretchhh

SD Padres

You won't last a week spreading 5-200. Why not spread 25-75 and play for a lifetime; instead of losing your welcome at every store in town?

Thanks for your concern SDP

but I can spread, so I am going to.

This entire thread has been trying to find the optimum spread for this BJ heaven condition, not to warn me off.

I have been experimenting with different spreads (no sim, so limited trials), and am searching for help to find a great spread for my BR.

I've done 5 to 2x125, and 5 to 100, and 5 to 2x90, many times a week for many, many months now. But live games are limited trials. So my original question was and is: What is optimal?

But thanks for telling me I won't last a week.

SSStretchhh

callipygian

Stretch said:
Thanks for the seven replies, but no one has has suggested a better betting spread than my initial offering.
That's because nobody can believe you can actually play such a game. Everyone's likely thinking there's some catch about the game that you are either not telling (e.g. illegal underground game) or unaware of (i.e. why people suggested the game was 6:5 BJ initially).

If you really are in BJ heaven, by all means keep it to yourself and milk as much as you can for as long as you can. But realize that your situation is so unique that people can't really give you experienced advice.

bj bob

callipygian said:
Some sort of immunity from heat and inability to download simple programs? I am absurdly curious about your situation.
He must have stolen a copy of Monkey's "Master of Disguise".

Kasi

Stretch said:
but no one has has suggested a better betting spread than my initial offering.
I thought maybe the software came on CD's one can install.

You act like there's only one optimal spread whether the game is dealt to the last card or sometimes sooner than that lol.

Anyway, since you don't know if your proposed spread is over-betting, under-betting or something else, how will you know when a bunch of strangers actually give you a better spread for your $10K? Using the silver fox count of course, is that with Hi-Lo indexes or does the silver fox have it's own?, while spreading to multiple hands goes without saying of course.

You're probably, it seems to me, going to bet how you want to bet anyway, with or without a sim, so might as well take that leap of faith off the cliff and get on with it.

If you do, hope it goes well for you.

bj bob

Stretch said:
but I can spread, so I am going to.

This entire thread has been trying to find the optimum spread for this BJ heaven condition, not to warn me off.

I have been experimenting with different spreads (no sim, so limited trials), and am searching for help to find a great spread for my BR.

I've done 5 to 2x125, and 5 to 100, and 5 to 2x90, many times a week for many, many months now. But live games are limited trials. So my original question was and is: What is optimal?

But thanks for telling me I won't last a week.

SSStretchhh
If you are adamant about the no heat thing (I still have my doubts) then the best mathematical ramp would be to simply parlay with a rising count starting with a $10 min., i.e. $10-20 (+2),-40 (+3),-80 (+4), -160 (>+4). This is the only way practical in SD play to reach the max bet level without adding any extra chips to the bet circle other than what you are handed by the dealer, excluding BJ's and compiling split/ dd payoffs.