Interested in Revere Point Count

bjtocki

Hi, I just received the legendary used Revere Point Count book from Amazon. I see that it shows the indexes and betting ramps for 1 - 4 decks. Just wondering if they also apply to 6 and 8 decks?

I use hi-lo and I know the TC edges are approximately like:

+1 = 0.0%
+2 = 0.5%
+3 = 1.0%
... and so on

But in the book, it states that RPC TC edges are:

+1 = 0.04%
+2 = 0.61%
+3 = 1.17%
... and so on

which is almost identical to hi-lo edges, how can that be possible if RPC is 2 level count (causing the player to overbet 2x than hi-lo)? Is it because they are for 1 - 4 decks with different BJ rules at the time?

Thank you.

bjtocki

I see. Looks like some members here also use RPC for multi-deck games, what would be the betting ramp for modern games? Based on Hi-Lo, I think it will be something like:

+1 = 1 unit
+2 = 2 Units
+3 = 3 Units
... betting the same as the TC

for conservative betting probably will be:

+1 = 1 unit
+2 = 1 unit
+4 = 2 units
+6 = 3 units
+8 = 4 units
... the half of TC

if you use RPC, what betting ramp are you using? I tried to Google about RPC betting ramp, but unfortunately couldn't find any info or any books about it.

jack.jackson

Your Bet ramp is only as strong as your Bankroll. Its somewhat irrelevant to post your Betramp, without posting your total BR. For example, if you had an unlimited amount of money, ideally you should bet minimum at +1 and max at +2> and higher. Leaving out cover, of course.

Last edited:

bjcount

bjtocki said:
I see. Looks like some members here also use RPC for multi-deck games, what would be the betting ramp for modern games?

if you use RPC, what betting ramp are you using? I tried to Google about RPC betting ramp, but unfortunately couldn't find any info or any books about it.
Here's two 1-12 ramps for 4.5/6d,s17,das,ls that you can try. (this one is cvcx generated optimum)
tc0=1u
tc1=3u
tc2=7u
tc3=11u
tc4=12u

If you cant get away with the jumping of bets, this one will work easily for chipping up, but you will need better precision in your deck estimation and conversion. Based on cvdata sims this spread outperforms the first one. (in cvcx for some reason it performs lower, I can't tell you why)
tc0=1u
tc0.5=2u
tc1=3u
tc1.5=4u
tc2=6u
tc2.5=7u
tc3=8u
tc3.5=9u
tc4=10u
tc4.5=11u
tc5=12u

Search the other threads for rpc where you will find some index files I put up. If your just starting out and feel you can work with a level 2 strategy as many others point out, try looking at Zen. You will be able to find much more info and get a lot more advice. RPC is a strong count never the less.

Good luck

BJC