Why do people keep posting about Card Counting here?

RJT

Seriously - i don't care what it is that you're doing, whether it be side counting or calculating your advantage using CV or whatever the f*** else - counting isn't considered an advanced technique.
This is something that has been niggling at me for some time - i read this forum as i find counting a complete bore as a conversation topic - constantly finding mis-placed counting threads in the advanced techinques forum simply because the poster considers anything beyond Hi/Lo advanced is getting very old.

RJT.

Rjt

RJT said:
Seriously - i don't care what it is that you're doing, whether it be side counting or calculating your advantage using CV or whatever the f*** else - counting isn't considered an advanced technique.
This is something that has been niggling at me for some time - i read this forum as i find counting a complete bore as a conversation topic - constantly finding mis-placed counting threads in the advanced techinques forum simply because the poster considers anything beyond Hi/Lo advanced is getting very old.

RJT.
Good point.

CP

RJT

Well thank guys - honestly i thought i'd be considered the w***** just for making this post but it really irritates me.

RJT.

moo321

RJT said:
Well thank guys - honestly i thought i'd be considered the w***** just for making this post but it really irritates me.

RJT.
I'm very confused as to what you're censoring that starts with a w...

moo321

21forme said:
My guess is it's a word we don't hear on this side of the pond that rhymes with canker.
Oh. I wasn't aware that was commonly censored... best thing I came up with was "wigger". As in "hey guys, don't call me a wigger, but I sure love hip-hop music!" Or, in this case "I was worried everyone would think I was a wigger for saying this, but stop talking about counting in advanced strategies!"

RJT

Thank you Sonny - please people, Advanced Techniques means beyond counting. Not advanced counts, not side counts or index numbers. Any strategy that is actually over and above basic counting.

RJT.

21forme said:
My guess is it's a word we don't hear on this side of the pond that rhymes with canker.
You know the difference between post-Thatcherian monetarists and the "Gnomes of Zurich," don't you?

The Gnomes are a bunch of warring bankers.

Really now, there are forms of counting that could rightfully be described as advanced techniques, like special counts used for sidebets or for other games, or in conjunction with advanced techniques.

RJT

Automatic Monkey said:
Really now, there are forms of counting that could rightfully be described as advanced techniques, like special counts used for sidebets or for other games, or in conjunction with advanced techniques.
Hence why we have the 'Variations' forum, for discussion of other counting strategies. And counting strategies for other games are few and far between and probably best not discussed in public.

RJT.

Katweezel

Advanced means advanced means...

RJT said:
Thank you Sonny - please people, Advanced Techniques means beyond counting. Not advanced counts, not side counts or index numbers. Any strategy that is actually over and above basic counting.

RJT.
Maybe there is a % of readers who think what they are doing is advanced techniques. Hopefully, they will have read your posts on this thread. If so, they likely will post in the correct spot, but I wouldn't bet on it.

RJT

Katweezel said:
Maybe there is a % of readers who think what they are doing is advanced techniques. Hopefully, they will have read your posts on this thread. If so, they likely will post in the correct spot, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Nor would i lol - given that when i got up on sunday morning after having posted this thread the night before there was another non-relevant thread open.
I'll give that i was a little intoxicated on Sat night and a non-money gamble had gone really badly for me just before i posted - so i was somewhat grumpy - but really this has been annoying me for some time.

RJT.