which book teach Ace tracking ?

bjcount

beyondbj said:
which one is the best ?
If you have CVBJ, purchase CVST. The added drills will help you with nicknames for key card memorization. The mapping program will help you follow how and where the cards go based on your designed shuffle.
It also allows you to see where each card moves in a shoe for both pre & post shuffle. Plus much more.

After that you'll need to practice with decks or find an AP who will let you under their wing and show you the way. Either way it takes months of practice.

BJC

Pro21 said:
There is no good book on this subject. There is one bad book which you can find a review of here

http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/content/forteresponse.htm
DAVID MCDOWELL'S BLACKJACK ACE PREDICTION is NOT a "bad book" its actually a fairly exhaustive treatis where non before existed. Its flaw, perhaps, is an overly aggressive betting prediction (over-betting?) that invalidates its own premise. With that said, I would recommend the book zg

rukus

zengrifter said:
DAVID MCDOWELL'S BLACKJACK ACE PREDICTION is NOT a "bad book" its actually a fairly exhaustive treatis where non before existed. Its flaw, perhaps, is an overly aggressive betting prediction (over-betting?) that invalidates its own premise. With that said, I would recommend the book zg
the mathematics (particularly with regard to false key cards) is also fairly flawed and several people i know (including myself) have read the book and ended up having to re-derive most of the equations themselves.

additionally his math/method of determining probability of sequences being cut seemed fairly off. i might add that if you have extremely good eyeballing skills your probabilities of seeing the sequence being cut may be vastly different than those in the book.

that said, the parts of the book (first half) dealing with shuffle results (ie stats/probabilities on how many cards fall between a key and the ace) is fairly exhaustive and in my opinion usable.

i too would recommend the book if only to open your eyes to what is possible (though incredibly hard to find in the real world).

just my two cents

stophon

I just finished it. If you want to ace track, read the book. It teaches you the general idea but his math is absolutely terrible.

He makes so many mistakes in so many parts. He tries to take too little information and make it do too much and he still can't even compute those numbers right.

I agree with his riflfe study being fairly accurate. I plugged his riffle numbers into my sim and got similar numbers to the one's he got.

beyondbj

DAVID MCDOWELL'S BLACKJACK ACE PREDICTION

a terrible mistake in maths ? but no other book better than this for this topic ??

or any essay in internet have a good lesson for beginner to expert ?

daddybo

had to say it..

The best way to track aces is to draw a hand for a total of 11... Double down. The next card will be an Ace. :laugh:

(just kidding guys.. Could not resist. :whip:)

QFIT

Pro21 said:
There is no good book on this subject. There is one bad book which you can find a review of here
I would not trust anything that site has to say about McDowell's book. A political hack job. Three "articles" slamming the book were written by a person that hadn't even seen it.

Having said that, the book is too optimistic on results from one key card. But, it is the best source on the subject.

stophon

QFIT said:
I would not trust anything that site has to say about McDowell's book. A political hack job. Three "articles" slamming the book were written by a person that hadn't even seen it.

Having said that, the book is too optimistic on results from one key card. But, it is the best source on the subject.
Have you seen his EV formula:laugh:?

Virtually every math equation in the book is wrong. But if you want to learn some of the techniques and concepts of ace tracking then I agree that it may be a good start. You can probably find an equal amount of information just by searching the forums though.