Strategy when dealer's hand is exposed/known?

duanedibley

Hi I'm wondering if someone has already done the math on this or knows of a chart somewhere: What is my strategy for various hands when the dealer's hand is known?

During my most recent trips some dealers were accidentally flipping up their hole card or otherwise flashing it a lot more often than I would have expected. In fact one dealer always bent up her hole card enough for me to get a clear look when she checked for BJ.

So the situations that were coming up most frequently (that also had me confused) were my stiff hands vs dealer's Ax less than 17, my 10 vs dealer 19/18 or 9 vs dealer 18/17.

Also for dealer 12-16 what hands am i doubling?

(And if anyone could answer the same questions for Spanish 21 that would be excellent!)

Sonny

duanedibley said:
Hi I'm wondering if someone has already done the math on this or knows of a chart somewhere: What is my strategy for various hands when the dealer's hand is known?
The complete charts are in Exhibit CAA: Beyond Counting. It is available here:

(Dead link: http://www.beyondcounting.com/cart/products.html)

duanedibley said:
Pretty much everything that won't bust.

-Sonny-

Kasi

duanedibley said:

During my most recent trips some dealers were accidentally flipping up their hole card or otherwise flashing it a lot more often than I would have expected. In fact one dealer always bent up her hole card enough for me to get a clear look when she checked for BJ.

So the situations that were coming up most frequently (that also had me confused) were my stiff hands vs dealer's Ax less than 17, my 10 vs dealer 19/18 or 9 vs dealer 18/17.

(And if anyone could answer the same questions for Spanish 21 that would be excellent!)
I don't know. Maybe http://wizardofodds.com/blackjack/appendix16.html
could be a start.

shadroch

Thing to remember about playing with a dealer who shows their card is it is parmount not to let them catch on. While it's EV+ to DD your nine against the dealers 16, doing so with them having a ten showing and a six in the hole will set off alarms.
It's better to accept a loss with your 17 vs the dealers known 18 than to try hitting it. Too many whacky hits or doubles will bring unwanted attention.