Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

Old September 14th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by callipygian View Post
I calculated it once and I don't remember it being significantly different from regular blackjack - with, again, the caveat being that people have to switch perfectly, which is non-obvious. The EOR's may be different if people are playing with sub-optimal switching strategy.

I'll post what I have if people think that the value of posting it outweighs the cost of disclosure. I'll give a few days for people to comment.
Callipygian or Exhibit are you guys ready or willing to post the EOR for Switch? I would love to see them, I am curious to see how they compare to a regular blackjack EOR.
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemsTrader View Post
Callipygian or Exhibit are you guys ready or willing to post the EOR for Switch? I would love to see them, I am curious to see how they compare to a regular blackjack EOR.
bump
Old February 5th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to FLASH1296 Send a message via AIM to FLASH1296

B u m p
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:23 AM

Default Any pointers for EORs and atleast an approximate system?

Any pointers for the EORs and a good or atleast an approximate system to beat this?

Regards
Waugh
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve waugh View Post
Any pointers for the EORs and a good or atleast an approximate system to beat this?

Regards
Waugh
If you look at http://wizardofodds.com/blackjackswitch you'll notice the complicated chart (in brown, with all the EV's) which is how you determine whether or not to switch your cards. I feel like until this can be simplified into a condense basic strategy chart, it will be impossible to play correctly. There's no way without the help of a computer that a person can memorize that entire chart, and be able to add 2 random numbers in that chart for EVERY hand. If that chart were somehow simplified into a basic-strategy-type chart, then the EOR's could be estimated presumably by sims. I'm curious to hear how exhibitcaa or callipygian went about their analysis of this game, and if they advocate using the hard-to-memorize chart on wizardofodds. Even on wizardofodds he links to a computer based calculator telling one whether or not to switch http://wizardofodds.com/blackjack/bj_switch_calc.html
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Executive Member

On further thought, the basic strategy chart would be very very complicated.

Example: Let's you have a 10,6 on one hand and an 8 on your other hand. Do you switch? Well you have to consider exactly what composition is for that 8, as well as the dealer's up card.

This would be the basic strategy chart just for that specific situation (10,6 and 8) below. There would be a different chart for each composition dependent hand 1 situation and each total in hand 2.

Now that is simply the "brute force" b.s. chart, but there may be patters, such as "if you end up with a 20 on one of the hands, it is always better to choose that hand, unless you can possibly get a 21" which would make the generation of even simpler b.s. charts. Or perhaps the basic strategy chart for X,6 and 8 is the same as X,5 and 8. But coming up with those patterns would require a lot of analysis.

Old June 9th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Executive Member

Can't you just memorize a full EV chart? I mean it would be a massive bitch, but if the EOR is good, it could be worth it to play heat free with good EV. I mean, if guys used to memorize full index charts...
Old June 9th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
Can't you just memorize a full EV chart? I mean it would be a massive bitch, but if the EOR is good, it could be worth it to play heat free with good EV. I mean, if guys used to memorize full index charts...
Okay, then you have to memorize the full EV chart, and then you have to calculate EV1 + EV2 ?>? EV3 + EV4 where EV1 and EV2 are the 2 ev's if you keep your 2 hands, and ev3 and ev4 are if you switch the 2 cards. So memorizing the exact decimal numbers to a few places for the entire would be only part of the problem. The other part is thinking about what your switched hands would be, and adding those high-precision numbers on the fly. A few errors per hour would definitely occur as well as a low # of hands per hour, at least for a few months. You could definitely round all the numbers, which would help. Up to you if you're up for the challenge and dedication it would require, which would be more complicated than a full index chart. And that's just for the B.S.. Image also having to count and memorizing additional index numbers, which would be a huge problem to calculate.
Old June 10th, 2010, 03:42 PM

Default Snyder's rules for switching and any decent count

I am wondering if we can use Snyder's strategy for switching and use any decent counting for betting an playing decisions.
Auto Monkey-would you be able to post or mail
me the tags and strategy charts?

Callipygian-Please post yours if you are willing to.

Regards
Waugh
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve waugh View Post
I am wondering if we can use Snyder's strategy for switching and use any decent counting for betting an playing decisions.
Auto Monkey-would you be able to post or mail
me the tags and strategy charts?

Callipygian-Please post yours if you are willing to.

Regards
Waugh

What's "Snyder's strategy"?