CVData - TC mods based on shoe depth

bjcount

Is there a way to set up a sim so that the TC integer can be modified by a designated value based on the number of decks that have been played in a shoe?

For example, lets say I have a RC+11 with a 1/2 deck played, 6d game, (lvl2 -1/2dtc), my TC=+1. Now I want to set the sim up to modify all positive TC's between 0 to 1 deck played to subtract 1 from the TC value so in effect what was a +1 will become a TC 0.

As we move further into the shoe, say between 2d -3d played we set it to deduct a 1/2 point value from the TC value. We could adjust these values at will prior to the sim or perhaps theres a way for the sim to determine the optimum value that a TC should be modified, based on decks played, that would lower risk, variance, etc.. (my examples are only hypothetical values)

Am I thinking in terms of floating advantage correctly here? By putting a value to it as the shoe progresses, we are able to adjust our risk/variance accordingly during real play.

BJC

QFIT

You can use multi-playing and multi-betting strategies to change the counts in the strategy depending on depth. Same effect.

London Colin

bjcount said:
Is there a way to set up a sim so that the TC integer can be modified by a designated value based on the number of decks that have been played in a shoe?

For example, lets say I have a RC+11 with a 1/2 deck played, 6d game, (lvl2 -1/2dtc), my TC=+1. Now I want to set the sim up to modify all positive TC's between 0 to 1 deck played to subtract 1 from the TC value so in effect what was a +1 will become a TC 0.

As we move further into the shoe, say between 2d -3d played we set it to deduct a 1/2 point value from the TC value. We could adjust these values at will prior to the sim or perhaps theres a way for the sim to determine the optimum value that a TC should be modified, based on decks played, that would lower risk, variance, etc.. (my examples are only hypothetical values)
Would it not make more sense to add to the TC, with increasing depth, rather than subtract at the beginning? You could aim for a standardised true count, which 'truly' indicates the advantage, unaffected by depth.

bjcount said:
Am I thinking in terms of floating advantage correctly here? By putting a value to it as the shoe progresses, we are able to adjust our risk/variance accordingly during real play.
Isn't it more about searching for a tiny bit more EV, by raising your bets when the conventional count would not dictate it? (And perhaps by staying at the table, when you might otherwise choose to Wong out?)

bjcount

QFIT said:
You can use multi-playing and multi-betting strategies to change the counts in the strategy depending on depth. Same effect.
Qfit,
Thanks for the prompt reply, as always, I should add.

So if I have it correct, I should set up multi players using different bet spreads based on the integer value I want to decrease the TC by per deck played. Since you can't set the bet spread based on decks played depth, unless I missed that somewhere, I would have to lower the bet amount in each strategy accordingly. Then compare the results, win rate etc....., and see if the adjustment made much difference at each TC interval.

Sound right?

Would a feature to be able to run a sim using both the TC & per deck depth combined where the deck depth is considered (adding or subtracting a value to the TC) after the TC is determined, be a viable option in future versions? Or would the flooring/truncating/etc of TC's and the rounding of optimum bets for real play negate any benefits realized since we can not play with exact precision to the penny or fraction? Any thoughts?

BJC

QFIT

The multi-betting strategy feature allows you to set up six completely different betting strategies per player depending on depth. So, you can change spreads or ramps or even cover. So, you can change the bet for TC +3 depending on how many cards have been played.

I see no reason to change the spread. Just the amount bet at each TC.