tracking the asms shuffle

blackchipjim

I hate to bring this subject up again but I have had a peculiar session the other day that needs addressing. When I was playing at the table that I opened I started to notice the series of cards and how one played them started to repeat to such a degree that I found myself ready to play the hands a little different then what was called for.
The cards that came up repeated between the the two decks so many times I thinking that the cards weren't being shuffled at all. I know that this was not true because I could hear the whurring of the machine working. I know this has to do more with selective memory or does this happen to others alot or do the shuffle trackers here don't bother even trying against the asms?

FLASH1296

What do you mean by "The cards that came up repeated between the the two decks."

Two decks?

The title of your post is: "tracking the asms shuffle"

I take it that you are referring to Automatic Shufflers which will hold either 6 or 8 decks in each of two towers; OR are you referring to Continuous Shuffle Machines (C.S.M.'s) that ordinarily hold 5 decks.

daddybo

Sounds like ASM on a DD game. I've seen it before too. The decks seem to start repeating patterns. Never really sat there and tried to verify it though. I suspect it's really random coincidence.

blackchipjim

clarifications

I sorry for the confusion in the post, I was referring to the 8d asm that shuffles one deck while the other is in play. I noticed that the machines are not really that good in shuffling and still pick off a good deal of pairings in a deck with third card calls with increasing accuracy. There are some theories that are being kicked around just wondered if anyone else has any? The only asms that I have seen are the twin tower btw.

The biggest thing working against the house is that these machines are not cheap, and are typically leased. The running theory is that the additional hands per hour will more than compensate for the cost of the machine, however, I think the places that hire a human being for minimum wage to be responsible for hand shuffling the decks not in use for up to four tables are making a smarter financial decision.

Blue Efficacy

I realized something that disproves the theories here. At one local store, they put one batch of new cards directly into the ASM, in new deck order, to start the table, while they hand shuffle the other batch.

You would think that those cards from the ASM would be predictable? Nope. In my experience they have been completely random.

blackchipjim

Theoreticals

You will have to excuse me for the mispeaks on my part I'm a little harried in my personel life. First the procedures would be to wash the cards and shuffle the decks together then place them in the asm. One shoe in the other is in play or being shuffled to load in the machine.
I wasn't trying to imply that it is really trackable just that the counts remain for the most part and the bias may or may not be shuffled out. Careful observation shows that series of cards are not shuffled out as well as once thought. This is just a conseversation not an arguement on reality.
For those of us that are astute enough and care to take the extra effort to key certain cards in a series and report what they experience is all I was asking.